jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What if you don't get traffic?

1. cutedoll profile image59
    cutedollposted 6 years ago

If you don't see that many visitors to your hub do you still write a new hub? Don't you feel sad?
        Thanx for sharing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If I don't see many visitors to a Hub, I don't feel sad. 
      Instead, I look at my Hub and ask myself WHY no one wants to read it.  Maybe it's a subject no one cares about?  Maybe I haven't written it clearly, or given it a good title, so Google can't work out what its about.  Maybe it's a subject that's been done to death so there's too much competition.

Depending on my conclusions I might revise it, or I might decide it's a lost cause and write a new one.

2. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

Some hubs just are better topics then others. SEO plays a big part in this whole thing. What happens with my hubs anyways is I will get most of my views from other hub members for the first week. After which most of it is traffic outside of hub pages because of the work I did with backlinking and getting the sites ranked for keywords.

3. SCP profile image61
    SCPposted 6 years ago

@visitmaniac - So you create a number of backlinks for your hubs? I do see hubs indexing very quickly in Google.

1. tommen profile image81
      tommenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I link to my hubs from my blog which has a lot of traffic.It helps with the search engine ranking.One thing you must do before you start writing a new hub, do your keyword research properly. There are good guides on Youtube showing exactly how it is done.If you get your keyword research done correctly, you donĀ“t necessarily need so much linking.

4. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago

If I see people don't go to a Hub, I change topics and see what Hubs they do go to.
    Some Hubs I thought were surefire fizzled, and some I thought were no gonna do well took off like rockets.

5. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

If you don't see a lot of traffic, which is normal if you're new then write more hubs.  You never know which topics will interest people.  And once they read one of your hubs they might read the others too.

6. Eleanor Candy profile image80
    Eleanor Candyposted 6 years ago

just continue to write more hubs and do keyword research on them. Not all your hubs will do well, or they may take a bit longer to see visitors to your hubs.

7. cutedoll profile image59
    cutedollposted 6 years ago

Great information everybody. That will help new hubbers.