jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Set Up My Tracker?????

1. 0
    AuthorsBookposted 6 years ago

Yes, I read the instructions but still don't have a clue how to set up "my tracker link." I have quite a number of folks who would like to know about HubPages but I can't contact them until I get this tracker-thing nailed! 

I know it's easy for all of you but it's not for me.  I also thought I signed up for the "ad-thing" too and when I checked the Affiliates page I didn't do that either.  Thanks for any help/suggestions.  I'm so frustrated.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 6 years ago

It's pretty simple:

#1 navigate to the page you'd like to link to
    #2 click on link to this page in the footer
    #3 select your tracker (the default tracker should already be chosen, which is fine)
    #4 cut and paste the URL or HTML into your email, blog, or whatever.

1. 0
      AuthorsBookposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul, one and all - I'll give it a try but am still not too clear.  I thought I also signed up for AdSense, etc., only to discover yesterday I DIDN'T and I want to get Tracker right the first time.  It takes so MUCH downtime to crawl up these learning curves plus "run one's life," that "rewind" reduces the "fun."

3. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

thanks Paul!

i knew how to link to individual hubs but not to my profile. and thanks AuthorsBook for asking.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can make tracker URLs out of any page on hubpages (such as forum threads), if you do it manually.

2. wavegirl22 profile image51
      wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you figured it out?? I keep trying to get a tracker to my profile page and I just cant seem to get it no matter what I try!

4. 0

cool. i have to say i read through both of your hubs and still didn't get it...my bad. now of course it all seems simple. thanks!

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

It's one of those things that you need to read a few times and then when you least expect it (when you're not trying to figure it out) the light comes on!

6. 0

yes...i do that a lot wink

7. Green Lotus profile image61
    Green Lotusposted 6 years ago

I'm thinking of using the Short URL that's provided when you first publish your  hub. I'd like to use it on Facebook and Twitter, but I'm uncertain as to where to place my Tracker. Do I pop it in after the .com/  ?

Also, is there a way to retrieve the Short URLs assigned to my previously published hubs?   
    Thanks! smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

yes, after the com/

here's a descriptive hub that shows how.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-use-a-TR … h-diagrams

not sure where to get the short url unless you've placed it on facebook? I don't know. hmm

1. Green Lotus profile image61
        Green Lotusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks rebekah! Yes I forgot about that great hub by Time Spiral.

Still wondering about whether there's a hubpage source for those old short urls.

2. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 6 years ago

Here is how I learned how to do it.
      put an underscore in first before any tracking you have._
      Then follow with either you default tracker which is given to you on the tracking page, or with a tracker you have made yourself.
      Lets say your tracker code is 23456.
      You would put in _23456. Then finish with a forward slash /
      So the entire link to lets say a hub would look like this
      http://hubpages.com/_23456/hub/Whatever the name of the hub is.
      You just have to enter your unque tracker after the forward slash with the underscore followed by tracker, followed with a forward slash.
      To create a tracker go to the tracking page. You may want to use Hair, but it might be taken. Keep trying until the tracker is free for you to use. If I was using my hair tracker to one of my hubs it would look like this
      http://hubpages.com/_HAIR/hub/Mobile-ha … l-business

3. Georgina_writes profile image87
      Georgina_writesposted 6 years ago

I'm still getting to grips with these trackers too.  Have taught myself how to do it.  Does anyone find trackers earn them more traffic/cash?  If so, are you linking to other peoples hubs or your own?