jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Quick yes or no SEO question

1. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

If you put a tracker in your hub url:

hubpages.com/_tracker/hub/my-awesome-writing

Does it give you the same benefits as not putting the tracker in? (will search engines count the back-link to the hub with the tracker or not)

Thanks,

~thranax~

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

sort of tongue

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Please explain?

2. thranax profile image50
      thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So Misha, your personal opinion? Is it better to put the real link or the tracker?

~thranax~

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wrestle with this one too.  I used to always include the tracker because it didn't occur to me that it might be handled differently. 

Now, if I'm writing anywhere that could attract sign-ups - for instance, blogs about writing - I'll use my tracker.  Elsewhere, it's a bit of a lottery - but maybe I should start using the straight link.

1. thranax profile image50
          thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I started using the strait link. Also with the short Twitter URL it doesn't seem like it can help your pagerank at all with Google, because the url is just random letters and numbers at that point.

So can anyone else shed some light on the topic, maybe sun forged or some seo person?

~thranax~

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Well, they are using something called "redirect 301" on trackers. Basically it's a number that tells the search engines that page permanently moved from tracker URL to non-tracker URL. Then it is up to search engines to interpret it and act as they see fit.

For example, one of my pages (not on HP) that I moved with redirect 301 after a year or so still has PR0, while the original page had PR3. It is still ranked high enough in the search results though, and this is all that matters. smile

working