jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Feedback request

1. jellydonut25 profile image61
    jellydonut25posted 6 years ago

Hey all, just published my first hub and looking for some feedback.
    Pretty much anything that will help me out here, perhaps not so much on whether or not I should have written the topic I covered, but moreso on the actual content/layout/etc of the hub itself...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Trick-r-Treat-H … -Millenium

2. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

You certainly gave great reviews but I would actually create a title for each movie you are providing some may not want a review of the first movie while others may skip down to the last movie. The length of the hub was perfect but some of the paragraphs were lacking commas and had a few run on sentences none of us are perfect and all of us make error only wanted to let you know. By the way Welcome to Hp! smile

FYI: Quite impressive considering it is only your first hub! smile

1. jellydonut25 profile image61
      jellydonut25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

only thing is, it's all one movie that i reviewed...it's just a horror anthology so there's multiple stories in one movie and i just referenced a couple other films for comparisons

but i get the criticism, and after looking over my review again, it could have used more pics/breakup of paragraphs

1. wyanjen profile image85
        wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubs are not set in stone once you publish them. You can go in at any time and tinker around. smile

3. wyanjen profile image85
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

Good content smile
    Take a quick tour around HubPages to get a feel for how to lay it out. There are lots of resources here for you.

In general, you'll want to break up your copy. Use lots of text capsules, and give each capsule a caption.

My "Golden Rule" of layouts: people are lazy readers.

That's not really true of course, but the best advice I ever got is that if it looks like too much work, people won't dive in and read. Lots of pictures help to break it up and keep people interested. Break long paragraphs into shorter ones.

Welcome and good luck! You're off to a great start.

PS- My favorite Carpenter flick is The Thing smile

4. chronage profile image60
    chronageposted 6 years ago

yes very thourough well written, You know you can put the pictures to the side and have your text inline with them, It would look better considering how many pictures you have but great work keep it up

5. prettydarkhorse profile image66
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

hmmm, I dont need to watch the movie anymore, you nailed it from the start vividly. Although halloween theme movie reviews or write ups about it is said to be dvantageous on your part if you published it a month before Halloween, we have a saying that goes. "Even if it is late, it compensates for it". Good hubs and I think you are good reviewer, can remember every details of the movie!

6. free4india profile image60
    free4indiaposted 6 years ago

well everybody has to start some way..... so congrats on starting...