jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Who Belongs to Ebay? Do you Hub with it?

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I was wondering how many Hubbers belong to Ebay and promote it on Hubpages.

We often hear about all who can't get into the program. But I was wondering how many of us are in it and actively promote it on Hubpages.

I've been pretty happy with it. So far the Pay-Per-Click is working pretty well for me.

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ive been in ePn for a little over 2 years now?..I was affiliated when ePn was still w/ cj.com

I include ebay capsules on almost all hubs, although they are rarely a focus and i have very few product specific hubs..at first I was quite unhappy with the QCP, but after seeing a months worth of stats and earnings- it seems I am making slightly more from ePn via hubs and considerably more via my old BANS style pages.

I am lucky as it seems when I check my reports that my visitors are actually buying the products i recommend.

I tend to pick high cost items and i use the "-" modifier to be more selective in what the capsules show

example (I know you are aware Nelle) but for those who dont

If im trying to sell a PS3 ( a $200-400 product)

if i just put PS3 and Playstation 3 - I would get tons of games and wires and controllers in the capsule ($20 products)

so i can add the word "console"

But i might still get some low priced accessories, so i use the "-" modifer

Playstation 3, PS3, -accessories -wireless -used -broken -controller

2. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

I am learning rapidly about how to modify the ebay hub capsules but I still am having trouble understanding how ebay is paying for clicks.  For instance, one day they will pay for my clicks at one rate, then the next day they pay $0.  How do I modify the clicks to make them happy?  Sent them a message waiting to hear back.

All my links are going to product specific, and sometimes seller specific items.  ???

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It may just be getting more clicks and more sales. When my daily clicks reached 100+, I noticed some stability setting in. Have you read their blog? They recommend geo-targeting, but I don't think we can do that on a Hub.

1. lakeerieartists profile image79
        lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they are really pushing geo-targeting but so far I don't see how I can do that on any of my sites that are focusing on a type of product including hubpages.  Still trying to figure out how I can use that.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I've been using eBay since before they ran their own affiliate program and migrated over when they stopped using CJ.com.  I also incorporate some listing on my own website as well as here.

4. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

How do you find out which of your eBay clicks have turned into purchases?

1. 0

Check the transaction report this way.

1. From your dashboard click on Reports.
      2. Click on transaction download.
      3. Make sure the radio button for "download all events" is selected.
      4. I select the whole month to see click through history and event and posting history at one time.

That should do it. It's a very nifty report.

Found the report.  Going to see if I can decipher it.

You are right.  This is an interesting report.  I will let the new stuff I added run for a few days and see what happens.  I am still miffed but too early to tell.

1. 0

Don't be miffed, with the report you can see how many sales you had and it helps understand the click value. Remember sales at the end of the seven day period don't count as much as those at the beginning. And if they pay with paypal the sale is worth more. If it's a new buyer versus a regular buyer. All kinds of things go into click value. I've been reading up on Ebay and scouring everything they've written to try to optimize. I've even started a new website so I can geotarget and play some more.

It takes a couple of days for the click curve value to smooth out. I've gotten a decent click value for days when I've sold nothing. And then I've had a so-so click value on days with lots of sales.

I am going to just keep at it for a while and see how it works out.  I don't really have enough data with the new stuff I started to see how it will play out.  I just don't like seeing those 0's.  I have already made enough for a payout this month, patience is not my best virtue.  I did start a blog after you said you did.  It is at minimum another backlink.  Also having fun making widgets out of RSS feeds.  smile

5. stuart747 profile image61
    stuart747posted 6 years ago

slightly different subject but I sell on eBay and use my listings to promote my hubs, for example if I'm selling chili pepper seeds I can add links to my two different hubs on the subject or one about eBay success, If you are clever you can use eBay as a way to promote your hubs to get more views,

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How do you manage to put in links to non-eBay sites without incurring eBay's wrath?  A while back, I put a link to my Etsy shop in my listings but eBay told me to remove it or else.

6. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I am not sure I belong to Ebay, but I am with them since cj times, too. Never worked out for me, still stuck somewhere below dollar a day. Not that I am trying hard though. smile

7. Janet21 profile image78
    Janet21posted 6 years ago

I actively promote Ebay on all my pages (hubs, lenses, blogs) and Ebay is one of my highest earning programs.

8. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I love working with the ebay widgets and banners, that's why I started the new blog. At first I just thought it would be another source of backlinks, which it is. But wow, I just couldn't stop writing posts because of widget fun.

My husband, who doesn't know what a widget is, thinks it's a little sad. And has threatened a widget intervention.