jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can other hubbers be blocked?

1. mattd241 profile image48
    mattd241posted 9 years ago

I've had someone post a very, very lengthy opinion on a subject I wrote about. His opinion would have had him tarred and feathered if he wrote it as his own hub, so he chose to attach it to mine, as a "comment." (Our servicemen being "criminals" and deserving to be killed.) I'm all for free speech, but I'm not going to assist this ass. I don't want to see him back again. He has also attached himself to me as a fan, so now I have to constantly watch for anything else he posts, as he will be informed when I post something new. Is there an option for blocking other hubbers or preventing them from becoming fans? I've looked, but cannot find an option for this.

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

No, as of now you can't block them from being your fan.  You can, however, moderate your comments so that you approve them before they are posted.

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

It's been discussed before and the short answer is - No.

If you look through some of the old forum threads there is a better answer in there as to how to deal with this issue  smile

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

And, I just remembered this: If they begin harassing you, you can always block their IP, or something like that.  I'm not really good with the lingo, but there has been discussion about this on the forums before.  You could search the forums to see how other hubbers have dealt with this kind of stuff.

5. mattd241 profile image48
    mattd241posted 9 years ago

I will do all you have mentioned here. Thanks for the info. I think it may be time for Hubpages to offer this option. I haven't been here long, but I can imagine this is nothing new, since it was mentioned having been discussed previously.

working