The adsense conspiracy

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. retellect profile image71
    retellectposted 14 years ago

Many people have their own views and opinions on how to get the most money out of Adsense. Personally, I just write about anything I can - whether or not it pays alot.

The hubs I write get indexed in google very quickly and I have no idea why. Me and my girlfriend joined Hubpages to see who would rank higher but now I'm being accused of being a part of a conspiracy!
    This is her theory:
    I index much quicker because I all I use is Adsense. Apparently, when Google inc. realise that my adsense id is on a new page, they crawl it and index it right away. They do it because I only use adsense and nothing else, so they make sure they index me. Google loves me for that reason.

Can someone redeem me please?! There is no explanation good enough for her and even though I know shes talking bull, I don't know how to argue it!

Your turn to make her the wiser!

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wikipedia (among others) do spectacularly well in the SERPs despite the fact that they have no advertising, of any kind, on their pages.

And the publishing site I'm having least success with is Google Knol.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think you have a point retellect.  I used to put a lot of amazon products on a hub even tho it might have a very slight connection to the story because I thought I might get lucky.  But actually, ever since I've taken out the amazon, the "page" looks more attractive and I've gotten a lot more google clicks.  I did this after Helen Cater observed it.

1. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you have found this has helped you too All my hubs are indexed within hours as I have no Amazon or Ebay and I get a really good click rate. I think people are more likely to click an add with earnings to us, than click on a product and have a sale.

retellectposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense to me! big_smile

3. R P Chapman profile image61
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

This is only a theory, but here’s a plausible explanation.

It’s possible that there is a correlation. If your content is say 1000 words and you have 5 links from AdSense ads that represents a healthy ratio of original content to advertising.

If your girlfriend has the same 1000 words, alongside 5 AdSense links, 5 Amazon links, and 5 ebay links, the content to advertising ratio is much lower. Therefore your page would be preferable.

Might be worth testing?

4. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

So if she's right, then everyone should publish with no other ads- just pictures, text, video, and other links- get indexed near ASAP, then add amazon and ebay.

Hm... Someone should try it.. I would since it's been taking days lately for my stuff to get indexes, but I'd forget to go back and add the other affiliate ads/products.

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think i'll try this experiment.

retellectposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck viryabo! Make sure you post your results! smile

5. kay hebbourn profile image59
    kay hebbournposted 14 years ago

Well, I am completely lost in the world that is adsense...it makes no sense to me.  I think they should have called it nonsense, at least we would know where we all stand! There are so many different theories about how it all works.  I wonder if individual success  formulas are transferable or whether each individual produces a unique cocktail of skills, content, appeal, information etc. that even the beast that is Google is hard pressed to explain itself.   I wonder whether it simply comes down to the X Factor and whether readers and Google love your work or not?

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the readers love your work..they probably wont click away to easily on an adsense link.

There are certainly some surefire ways to boost your adsense income here at hubpages...for now, just two weeks in...dont have high expectations just yet ( so they cant get crushed) but do be sure to read up on keywords and adsense placement, so you can start strong with your layout and targetting

Relache and Lissie both have hubs that explain adsense/hubpages real well

6. retellect profile image71

Good point darkside, I'll tell her about wikipedia. I love the explanation about having a correlation with ad to content ratio but that doesn't help my argument!

Whitney05, if you do try it, let me know your results! big_smile

7. retellect profile image71

Ok, most of these replies have just sparked more "conspiracies" from my gf.........will post them if the thread gets more active smile

8. Jery profile image59
    Jeryposted 14 years ago

I think Google looks at everything, traffic (and where it came from and went) relevancy (most important)number of incoming (a lot is good) and outgoing (fewer is better) links. How well, and completely you covered the topic of your hub etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)