jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Can I change from amazon.com to amazon.co.uk?

1. Suki C profile image83
    Suki Cposted 6 years ago

I have just had my amazon affiliate account approved & I didn't realise that any products I wanted to link to my hubs would be shown in Dollars and not Sterling.

Is there an easy way of rectifying this or do I have to start all over and re-register with amazon.co.uk?

I want to get on with writing but I'm not the most technically savvy person and I keep getting bogged down with issues like this!!

2. KevCC profile image41
    KevCCposted 6 years ago

As far as I understand it Amazon set ups in different countries are run as completely separate entities. so you would have to register with amazon.co.uk.
    but I don't know how that would actually affect your hubs other than reducing your customer base drastically.

3. Suki C profile image83
    Suki Cposted 6 years ago

thank you for your quick reply smile

I'll see if I can track down some hubs by fellow Brits and see if they have products listed in Dollars - if it works for them then that's what I'll do.

thanks again

4. KevCC profile image41
    KevCCposted 6 years ago

Hi Suki,
    I am a fellow brit, I just think if I'm trying to make money go for the biggest market.

5. Suki C profile image83
    Suki Cposted 6 years ago

Kev - I've just come back from a look around at some fellow British hubbers' pages and now I'm inclined to agree with you.

thanks for getting back to me smile

6. Suki C profile image83
    Suki Cposted 6 years ago

Right, I have just found this brilliant hub by Susana S which completely answers my question.  I hope that fellow non  US hubbers will find it useful.

Maybe the information should be somewhere for newbies to read as they sign up so that they don't sign to the wrong account and then have to re-register with amazon.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/Amazon-Associat … Developers

1. 0
      TQO23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great find Suki.

My amazon affiliate code ends in 21which is for UK associates but it still only displays USD products.

This is quite frustrating when you are using Hubpages to target the UK market.

7. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

On a related note... I've noticed that even if you're not in the US, the Amazon capsules direct you to the American amazon.com web site (I clicked on a link in someone else's Amazon capsule to check).

Likewise, I've noticed that if you're creating an Amazon capsule in one of your own hubs, the capsules will only load American ASINs for things like appliances.  So if I want to put an appliance in an Amazon capsule on any of my hubs, I have to go to the US Amazon site and search for it there.  Thus anyone clicking on that capsule will be directed to the US site.  This must be a little frustrating for non-US readers if they see a product, click on it, are directed to the US Amazon web site and then find that said product isn't available on the site in their own country. 

Mind you though, I suspect it will be a long time before I make any money from Amazon so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

8. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

HubPages only works with the American affiliate system.  If you put your UK affiliate link into HP, or use products from Amazon UK, you won't earn any money.

1. CMHypno profile image88
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When I first started I only had a UK Amazon Affiliate Account, but when I realised that HubPages only uses the US Amazon affiliate programme, I applied for a US account and now use that ID here.