jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Tips for new Hubber(s)???

1. pghkidd profile image62
    pghkiddposted 6 years ago

Any tips for someone who is a new Hubber?  I would like to have this as a alternative source of income as well.  Please include any money making tips and/or realistic expectations for my first month/6 months/1st year.  Thanks!

1. Jery profile image60
      Jeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As far as income from Hubpages...I think the sky is the limit. Although if you're going to pay the bills with your hub income I would imagine you would need hundreds of high quality, (from a money making standpoint anyways)hubs.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Spend as much time as you can reading hubs by Darkside, Sunforged, Relache, Yoshi, Kidgas, and many others who have incredibly helpful tips.

1) Realize that not every hub you write will make you money.
    2) Sometimes the one you like the least will be your best one.
    3) Research keywords and how to use them.
    4) Learn to read your audience.  Figure out what they want, and figure out how to give it to them.
    5) Write daily, even if you don't publish daily.
    6) Don't be afraid to ask questions or make mistakes.
    7) Never stop learning.
    8) Seek quality over quantity.
    9) Be patient.  It could take months to see the money begin come in.  But keep writing anyway.  One day, it'll all come together.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Round that off to an even 10 and you have the makings of a great hub there KCC!

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

If you want to make good money online, consistency of effort is incredibly important.

When you start out, you're probably working another job. So you have to treat hubbing and working online as a part-time job. Develop an honest schedule of when you can work online. And then work online. That doesn't mean hanging out in forums and alot of chatting.

I work online full-time, but there's a lot that needs to be done other than hubpages. For my schedule, I write my morning hub or two while I have my morning coffee and toast - EVERY MORNING.

Then by late afternoon I've written maybe six or seven blog posts, added webpages to my other sites. In the late evening right before bed, I usually check in a Hubpages again. Maybe write another hub.

Because I've become part of the HubChallenge Team, I spend more time in the forums than I used to. But it's still one or two hubs every day.

4. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

1.) Listen to Nelle and KCC --they know of what they speak wink

2.) Participate in the community--post in the forums, comment on hubs

3.) READ - check out lots of hubs!! They can help you see how others layout a hub and make them work and its also a great way to find info about any questions you may have regarding hubscore, traffic, etc. Just search the hubs and hubbers

4.) Have fun! No matter your reason for joining HP-it really is a great community so be a part of it and enjoy all this place has to offer!!

Welcome to HubPages!!!!! big_smile

5. pghkidd profile image62
    pghkiddposted 6 years ago

AWESOME RESPONSES!  Believe me, I am taking note of EVERYONE'S advice and tips.  Thanks so much.  I am into this as a part time gig for now, but if the income is there I would love to do this full-time.

Any ideas on the kind of income one can expect?

I have no hopes of getting rich overnight, if at all. I know you get out of something what you put in.  But if I can get tip and advice from others, all the better!

Thanks again...I really appreciate all of the responses.

6. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

I have 5 hubs with 100 page views and a total income of .31 cents. It takes a while and goes up with every hub I write, so be patient at first. You keep getting paid for the first articles as long as they're on the site, articles and income accrues always, so write write write!

And, write.

Write on!

7. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

The tips stated especially Nelle's on having a schedule are all very important.

If you hope for real income you have to put forth a real effort.

Stay motivated by having realistic expectations and small conquerable goals.

What are realistic income expectations? about 3-4 usd per every thousand visitors from sources outside of hubpages would be a pretty solid start.

Your short term goal should be to create a significant portfolio of online content and learn to promote and optimize that content.

Dont check your earnings to frequently as it can be discouraging if you make that your only impetus.

Consider the first 3 months as training and education.