jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Sudden jump in "Page Rank"? - Seoquake

1. Suspect20 profile image81
    Suspect20posted 6 years ago

I downloaded Seoquake (firefox plug-in) a couple months ago and it has become a very useful tool for me.  I have been comparing the statistics from my better hubs to those which weren't performing as well to get an idea on what I can improve.

Earlier this week all of my pages unexpectedly jumped quite considerably in page rank (according to seoquake) and I am curious if this is normal, or even accurate?  Before this jump my newer hubs were mostly n/a rating, and older ones (even those created 3 months ago) had a ranking of only 0.

All of my hubpages now rank 1, 2, and one page jumped up to a PR of 3.  I can not even guess what would cause such a dramatic rate jump, and was hoping for some input or ideas from anyone that has used seoquake longer, or might be more knowledgeable on how it works.

1. LOT2DO profile image59
      LOT2DOposted 6 years ago

Did you check with PR tool button in google toolbar?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Google updates the TBPR (Toolbar Page Rank) periodically.  It looks like they rolled out an update.  One thing to keep in mind is that while you might not see the TBPR change, Google is constantly updating it.

1. Suspect20 profile image81
        Suspect20posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the information.  I noticed my trafic didn't jump up much with the "official" PR update, so that makes sense.  It was still pretty motivational to see that my work has been paying off.  Instead of seeing everything ranked as n/a or 0.