Earning through Amazon UK

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. rajan1311 profile image70
    rajan1311posted 14 years ago

Is it possible to sell those items (from Amazon UK) on our hubs ?? or is it just restricted to the US site ??

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

The Amazon capsule only works with the US version of Amazon.  Any links you might put to Amazon UK could be done in the text of the Hub, but would fall under the regular limits of outgoing links.

3. bustah1 profile image59
    bustah1posted 14 years ago

what so the code i got for my uk account wont work on here??

4. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago
  5. bustah1 profile image59

still doesn't answer my question. yes or no??

6. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

No.  You need to sign up for a US Amazon affiliate account and use that code here on HubPages, and use product codes from the US Amazon site if you are not using keywords.  I have a US Amazon Affiliate Account and a UK Amazon Affiliate Account.  I use the US one on HubPages, and the UK one on my hypnotherapy website and blogs aimed at the British audience.

A lot of HubPages traffic comes from the US (set up Google Analytics and check it out), so it also makes sense to be aware of that fact and to include American words and phraseology where it is appropriate and for tags eg we say 'holiday' in the US its a 'vacation'

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think this is true - I signed up for an affiliate account through the UK Amazon site and am using that to channel my Hub Pages earnings.  (Mind you, these stand at zero so far.)

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure about this - when you add an Amazon capsule if you use keywords it brings up the price in dollars and clicks into the US site.  I just did an experiment with a specific product code off the UK site and it still brought the price up in dollars?

I checked this again - if you take a product code off the Amazon UK site and put it in the capsule it will bring up the price in dollars and click you through to the US site.

I don't know if the cookie would then work if a reader clicked through to the UK site from the US site - a more experienced Hubber might have the answer.

Aside from this is the fact that Hubs (well mine do) tend to get more US than UK traffic

1. profile image0

I knew it did this (tried the same experiment myself LOL) but that's a separate issue from whether or not UK hubbers need to sign up with the US Amazon site.  My understanding is that they don't.

I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

What I do know is that when I contacted the Amazon UK Affiliates site, they advised me that the affiliate programmes were totally separate and that I would need a US account, which they sent me details of and I got set up in a couple of hours.  Maybe you should contact them and check it out?

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Empress,I'm sure you've read the other posts, but just in case:  sorry, you're wrong.

1. profile image0

Yes, I realise that now and stand corrected!  Have just signed up for a US Amazon affiliate account.  I'm amazed that Amazon doesn't give you the option of having dollars paid straight into your PayPal account; that would make far more sense than them sending you a cheque.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

Absolutely, it does seem mad.  Can you buy stuff on Amazon with Paypal?  If not, I can only assume they have no affiliation with Paypal and that's why they won't use them.

Although Adsense won't pay through Paypal either - but at least you can get the money paid into your bank account.

1. profile image0

I've just looked on the UK Amazon site and they accept credit/debit cards and Amazon gift certificates only.  I believe that PayPal is owned by eBay so you're right; Amazon has no affiliation with PayPal.

7. bustah1 profile image59

yes i use American products but i have used my UK code and it has set. Are you shore it matters?

Best thing to do for a definitive answer is email the HubPages team and see what they say wink

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

Yes it does matter, you won't get paid if you use your UK code.

You have the option of taking gift certificates (again, only usable on the US site) or a cheque.  It is a US dollar cheque and believe it or not, they do mail it to you.  It will cost you about 5 pounds to deposit in your account.

1. bustah1 profile image59
        bustah1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the help much appreciated

8. bustah1 profile image59

i already have a u.s. account to ill take at look at the payment options if i can wire to a bank ill do it.

9. bustah1 profile image59

can they send a check over seas lol

10. rajan1311 profile image70
    rajan1311posted 14 years ago

1 more question.
    My hubs are usually about computers and hardware.
    If some1 were to buy a laptop off amazon but was shipped from best buy, will i still get the 4% ??

Can i ever get rates above 4% ??(for such electronics)

Has any1 emailed the hub pages team regarding this ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

Why would HubPages tell you?  The rules and commission rate are set by Amazon, not by HP.  Read the information on the Amazon site - there is a choice of two programs, I can't recall the detail but it's all there.

11. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub on this because I made the mistake of using my amazon.co.uk affiliate ID here on HP. It looks like it's working, but you won't get any sales!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Amazon-Associat … Developers

1. profile image0

I wonder how many other non-US hubbers have made the same mistake as you and I did.  I certainly don't remember seeing anything about it in the HubPages guide (perhaps it's something which is worth including, given how many non-US hubbers there are).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)