jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Hub score??

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Okay, I realize hub scores fluctuate, but yesterday mine dropped 5 points in just a couple of hours. WHY?? I wasn't doing anything differently. Thanks for any insight!

1. Jery profile image62
      Jeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just don't even worry about it. I've read that a lot of things go into your hub score. In the end I would imagine the quality of your writing has a lot to do with it. Maybe that's why I seem to be stuck in the eighties! lol

1. Jery profile image62

Oops, you see I don't pay much attention, cause I'm offically a 93 today!!

2. readytoescape profile image62
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

I've been trying to figure that out since I signed on, scores appear to change for no reason I can recognize. The other day I was an 87 and it jumped to 94. I like it, but have no clue why, nothing changed, average views stayed the same, particpiation the same, ect. No new hub, just increased. Its better than a decrease, but I've have that too. So when you figure it out let me know.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

LOL< it just fluctuate like the trading and currency

4. 0
    Jawa Lunkposted 6 years ago

Maybe I'll post here and mine will jump up into the 90's as well LOL

5. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I would like to know Why my Hub article scores reach the mid eighties and high seventies and then immediately all drop down to mid sixties? hmm

I have considered that perhaps it relates to page views; but then it still seems to happen on my average days. 

To me: It's a complete turn off as I know that the writing quality is often higher than higher scoring hubs that I've read.

Any Actual Light on this? hmm

6. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

Hubscores shmubscores, don't worry about the score, just worry about putting out decent hubs.  I joined here about 9 months ago and every couple of weeks there's a forum post about hubscores.  Honestly, they don't bring you more traffic, comments etc, so don't waste valuable writing time worrying about it.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cindy.... How's the biz going? big_smile
      I know what you are saying is correct and I agree; But I hate seeing my work chopped back as soon as it starts reaching a ninety article score. It appears that Only highly commercial product reviews maintain 85+ article scores. hmm
      You know.... If I drive; I wish to understand how the steering wheel works!! smile

2. Jery profile image62

Ditto Cindy!

7. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Ah yes the elusive mystery of the jumping hubscore. Mine changes all the time and for apparently no logical reason what so ever, still trying to figure that one out! smile

8. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

stuff you do while on HP isn't instantaneous. It takes a little while for the score to be affected by whatever it's being affected by. So it may have just refreshed and adjusted within that time. Like cindy said--they aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things but they are hard to ignore for the most of us too. Just try and prepare yourself for the constant fluctuations smile

Mine shifts around all the time smile

9. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Well personally, I wish to know. Once I know the whys and hows, I then have the ability to make the appropriate adjustments.
    Given that it also has been promoted as being a facet of the writer's score; then potentially my writer's score will as a result, never climb above 94, until I have produced a much higher number of hubs! 
    I Might Be a Complete Idiot in how I do things.. but I see the article score as being of value to my choices of writing subjects, irrespective of the unknown factors and SEO! hmm

10. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago