jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

When to apply for Google Adsense

1. profile image0
    Julie J.posted 7 years ago

How many Hubs should I write before applying for a Google Adsense account? Thanks.

1. LiamBean profile image89
      LiamBeanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You should apply as soon as you've written your fifth hub. Assuming, of course, you intend to write more. The adSense rewards start taking effect when your readership starts getting into the hundreds (for all hubs) per day. Since there is no way to predict with any certainty how popular your hubs are going to be, I suggest applying as soon as you've written five or more hubs.

1. profile image60
        aravind0803posted 7 years ago in reply to this
      2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Liam, it depends what you mean by "rewards".  I haven't written hundreds of Hubs and neither has Relache.  My next Adsense payout will be around $300.  Relache is an internet professional and earns far more than me!  It's not entirely about quantity.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Julie, based on what everyone has said, there is no magic number for your answer.

However since you haven't written even one, I don't think you should even be thinking about AdSense yet.

3. profile image0
    Julie J.posted 7 years ago

Relache, agreed.  I have read as few as five or as many as fifteen to be accepted for Google Adsense.  Just wanted other people's experience with this.  Thanks for your advice.

4. sunforged profile image65
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I dont think there is a number nor could anybody prove that any number is the correct one, if you are US or UK based you are most likely to get accepted, even one hub could suffice.

One used to be able to get into adsense with one post on a one day old blogspot.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the waiting periods required for india,china, phillipines and other countries that adsense doesnt seem to desire partnerships with

it doesnt hurt to apply and get denied

5. rajan1311 profile image59
    rajan1311posted 7 years ago

you need to w8 min 6 months to apply for adsense (new rules). Make sure you have activity on your pages.
    Sry for bumping up the thread.

1. sunforged profile image65
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not true at all,  waiting period only for previously mentioned countries.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=75109

6. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

Write at least a few quality hubs-3 or 4- and get some traffic, then apply for adsense.I hope it will work.

7. profile image0
    directsaurabhposted 7 years ago

I have plenty of hubs but google rejected me by saying I can't apply with '/' in url. I have applied for my profile url- http://hubpages.com/profile/directsaurabh . Can you tell me why is it not working?

1. mel22 profile image61
      mel22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think your supposed to use hubpages as the domain not your profile as the domain and i guess theres a policy about Indians applying after a six month waiting period. I'm from the U.S. so my application didn't need to wait the six month waiting period and I only needed one hub. only took two hours to receive the automated approval. but being in India is a different story I suppose. Try ( this is speculation) not using the profile next time but the main hubpage domain in general unless it specifically instructs otherwise for Indian residents

2. Marisa Wright profile image93

Read this:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

PS Mel, I appreciate the way you presented your answer, thank you.

1. mel22 profile image61

I knew you'd be watching thats why I did LOL

1. mel22 profile image61

Marissa , this is not meant with bad intention, but i feel now that you are in another forum and are still hinging on my every word making sure its up to your standard , that I feel like im being followed ,fanned, followed, fanned, followed...get my drift . I don't want to have to post by what you think is politically correct and argue if not to you liking... I would like to post without you looking to follow up evertything i say please.

8. Cleanclover profile image59
    Cleancloverposted 7 years ago

When i applied in 2007 i had written only one hub and my adsense account got approved within 2 days. I got paid by them after 5 months and now get paid every 2 months. :-)

1. Marisa Wright profile image93

That was in 2007, a lot has changed since then.

Mel, as I said, not following you intentionally - just felt it appropriate to say thanks for your post, since I'd given you a hard time elsewhere.

working