jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

External traffic versus Internal

1. C.V.Rajan profile image68
    C.V.Rajanposted 6 years ago

I just looked into my 1 week statistics and found that my external traffic to Hubs is 41% of total traffic (It means 59% from internal traffic).

So far my hub earnings are hopeless.

But I do enjoy the internal traffic and the comments I receive.

But tell, me, is my above ratio normal? I know, only when external traffic grows larger, earning potential increases. What's your experience? What's your share of external to total traffic?

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

hubtraffic only accounts for 10-12% of my last weeks traffic.

I could answer better if you estimated your traffic levels, are we talking 59% of 100 views, 1000 views or 10k views+

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

In the last 30 days, only about 7% of my traffic has come from inside HubPages.

I can't say if your ratio is above normal or not, as I have no idea what you are comparing it to, but I will say that having a larger external flow of traffic is desirable if you are trying to earn more with your Hubs.

4. mcbean profile image83
    mcbeanposted 6 years ago

New hubs and new hubbers have a higher proportion of internal traffic. You will also increase this ratio if you write about hubpages specific topics.

Those who have been around for a while will have all of their hubs indexed by all search engines (bing is particularly slow to index). Those in the know who are looking for income also write content designed to feature in search engines.

Most of my stuff is not really aimed at internal traffic. My internal traffic is less than 10% over the life of my hubs. Most of this 10% happens in the first few days.

It is normal to start of with nearly all of your traffic coming from hubpages.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image68
    C.V.Rajanposted 6 years ago

Thank you Sunforged, Relache and mcbean for your kind feedback.