jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

How to make clicks on my hubpages

1. zaheeratd profile image59
    zaheeratdposted 6 years ago

I have made 32 hub but I am not getting the desiered clicks till now what should be done to increase the number of clicks

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is your desired number of clicks. The average is 1 click per 100 page impressions, or so I am led to believe?

2. Csjun89 profile image73
    Csjun89posted 6 years ago

I heard clickthough rates of 6-7 % is possible

3. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 6 years ago

Anything's possible but 1 -2% is considered good going.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Zaheer - I would suspect that your poor grammar is a big part of the problem. I know that when I see any webpage that has obviously been written by someone with a poor grasp of the language, I click the "Back" button faster than you can blink an eye.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Choice of topics I think is a larger problem. What do you think people will click on a hub about US foreign policy?

Where is most of your traffic coming from? Is it native American English speakers for non-American English speakers.

If I click on a website to buy Italian wine, and the webmaster and company is located in Tuscany, I can forgive a grammar mistake even a spelling mistake or too. It actually makes me feel that it's authentic. And I might just buy some wine.

But I don't see much on your hubs to entice me to click anything.

1. mandybeau1 profile image59
      mandybeau1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bit arrogant, I find alot of your similiar, sorry better written, but hey I haven't fanned you.

6. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

2-3% is a good CTR,

Personally Im happy with 1% (1 per 100) here at hubpages, I expect a couple of clicks are also going to amazon/ebay and my other affiliates...

6-7% is amazing and is usually achieved by very poor quality MFA site.

Anything higher and your probably up to some shady techniques.

its not about clicks anyway...its about the value of those clicks.

i have an article that as of today

has received under 60 impressions    

has got under 10 clicks   

has a ctr of approx 15%

and has earned just a few cents under $14

in contrast i have an article that has received about 2500 impressions, 27 clicks and has a ctr of a little under .67% yet has only earned a little over 2.50 !

all the numbers are rounded and slightly changed to keep within TOS

1. Dr23 profile image60
      Dr23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very well said. I'm new here, but in the marketing world something around 2% is pretty solid. For my Hubs, I'm right around that mark with a 2.11% (2 clicks with 95 impressions). Not bad for just starting out, I figured I'd be well below the 2% line for a while until I was more established and been here longer.

7. oderog profile image44
    oderogposted 6 years ago

Write your desired clicks somewhere, with 32 hubs and you are not near your desire click then you can perform this calculation to help you

if No of clicks(your clicks now) = 32 hubs then
    hubs to get desire clicks = No of desire click *32/No of Clicks

example if you are getting 2 clicks with 32 hubs, yet your desire click is 10, then you will need 10*32/2= 160hubs

8. KeithTax profile image80
    KeithTaxposted 6 years ago

Don't be tempted to do something foolish. You can read lots of cries for help in the Forums from people that broke TOS. Write lots of good hubs, link them, SEO research and things will grow just fine. It is like building any other business.

1. Karina S. profile image61
      Karina S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, what is TOS?

9. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

TOS=Terms of Service.....basically...the rules

1. Karina S. profile image61
      Karina S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, KCC