jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Feature Request - Edit date

1. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

I may be missing it somewhere but I'd like to see the date when a hub is last edited.  If it isn't already out there, it would be really great to have it on the "stats" page after the last column of when the hub was published.  I realize the space on that page is tight so not sure if it's doable but getting the info at a glance would be really helpful to us "tweekers".  Thanks for letting me bring this up.

2. free4india profile image61
    free4indiaposted 6 years ago

There is a really good reason why date is not included... at least that is what I think.

People visit the site via Google directly to a hub.  However some people would not read a post if they find it is 'old.'  So avoiding a date can help overcome that stupid feeling some have.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of hub and website maintenance. It's an integral part of my business plan. That way I can also have notes about what needs to be tweaked and when.

(I've already made notes to myself about how the Halloween hubs performed and what I should change next year depending upon product availability.)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi, you seemed to be verty organized and serious in your work..thanks for helping others understand how it works here also,,,,

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

You can manually add it if you want it there. This has been asked for a few times, and each time shot down. Basically, it's not recommended if you're writing evergreen, which is searchable at all times- something like that

5. The Rope profile image61

I appreciate all the feedback.  I didn't realize that the account "statistics" page had anything that could be seen by the readers.   Will start my own excel sheet as well.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Rope, I think people are misunderstanding.  Readers can't see your statistics page.

I think what you're asking for is a good idea - an extra column for "date last edited" so you can see which Hubs you have tweaked and which you haven't.

6. The Rope profile image61

Thanks Marissa, that's what I thought.  I know there are only so many spaces on a page however so I don't know if it's feasible but I'd be willing to give us some of the spaces in the title area to squeeze it in.

7. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Originally, on the Hub account page (the stats page), the date listed used to be the last edited date, and then one day, it had been changed to the publication date.

No reason was given.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting.

I wonder which one Hubbers would rather see?

It's useful to know how old a Hub is, but generally the date last edited would be more useful - so I think it would get my vote.