jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Need some ideas here

1. edncohen profile image60
    edncohenposted 6 years ago

I have created several hubs, but I need some help for ideas for my next series of hubs.

First, I have suffered with issues of self-esteem (yeah, I know it is very common). Over the years I found two ways to combat this.

#1) using the principles of Cognitive Behavior Therapy. I have been using and re-reading the books by Dr. David Burns - "Feeling Good" and "The Feeling Good Handbook".

#2) Using similar methods as in #1, but now I go to the Bible (yes that one) and draw on what I have learned there. One great book that I got was "Truth Talk" by William Backus.

They say you should write what you are passionate about. Well, I am very passionate about needlessly condemning yourself, comparing yourself to others, and all that other nonsense. I have quite a bit so say about this and I want some ideas and direction on what to say. Thanks in advance.

Ed Cohen

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Being passionate about needlessly condemning myself doesn't sound like fun.

Maybe turn this idea on its head. Instead of fixating on the negative problem, focus on the the positive solution.

2. Black Lilly profile image77
    Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

I'm really sorry to say so, but being passionate about something and needing ideas about that... doesn't add up to me.

3. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

I think you answered yourself, Ed smile

4. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

Try using humor. It's the great ice-breaker and self-esteem builder at the same time. The more people respond to your humor, the more you are compelled to write.

5. TINA V profile image82
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

Perhaps, you can write something about your experience as a veteran. Who knows, one of your readers  might be interested to join the army. You can also write about your interest in photography and religion. Goodluck!

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

We are our own worst critics, Edncohen smile do not despair as am sure you're not alone n yes, write about your passions with a dose of humor big_smile can make people think and rethink n think some more wink