jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Help with referral tracker.

1. Aphroditei profile image79
    Aphroditeiposted 9 years ago

Dear Admin,

I have two friends who recently joined Hubpages. I used my profile link of hub for my first referral and he showed in my url referral tracker.
    But for my two recent friends, they didn't show up. I can't see them in my referral tracker.

Please help me. I really don't understand why they don't show in my tracker. Could you please look into it.  Thank you. ~Aphroditei~big_smile

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Referral signup statistics are delayed about 20 minutes.  If it has been longer than that, this thread might help explain the other possibilities.

2. Aphroditei profile image79

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I read the forum. And I have another query.

For my first referral, he joined immediately, by using my profile link and we noticed, I appeared in his fans almost at once. He joined 4 weeks ago.   

For my second referral, I gave her my profile link too. Just like I did for my first one. I appeared too in her fans she said. But she didn't show in my url tracker. I did wait hoping it will show after a day. But it has been five days since she joined and still no referral tracker for her.

For my third referral, I tried the used "signups" and created by following the example, a signup link with my "Egg hubs", so he would see an example of a hub too, before he joined. And to my surprise, he joined at once. I appeared again in his fans. It has been three days since he joined but still no referral tracker too.

I'm confused and I hope it will be solved.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

First of all, the fan list is completely unrelated to referral trackers.  Anyone can join your fan club.

Second thing, you must be sure they came to Hubpages from a link with  your referral tracker in it.  In the case of your profile page, that would be this URL:

The "_35h739ldjkaop" portion is your unique referral tracker and must be in the URL.  If you just sent them to your profile at its regular URL, without the tracker you won't get credit:

The easiest way to make trackered urls is to click on "link to this page" in the footer of the page you want to link to with a tracker.

If you email team@hubpages.com with the username of the two users that should be tracked to you, we can investigate what may have gone wrong and get them tracked to you.

4. Aphroditei profile image79

Hi Paul. I just emailed the hub team at team@hubpages.com. I appreciate your help.  Thanks.