jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

experienced Hubbers Opinion?

1. UPStar profile image60
    UPStarposted 6 years ago

which is better? To write "30 hubs in 30 days" or to write 1 really good each week and devote time promoting it and building a fan base? A little bit of both?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I still haven't been here that long, and can't write everyday at HP. I think the advice here is very good from the more experienced hubbers. It takes time to learn here to produce a quality hub along with the marketing, traffic, etc.,  and I would much rather produce something worth reading before tossing out 30 hubs poorly written.

if you check, there are way too many poor quality hubs here.  I'm amazed at what is published. I have a long way to go learning here, but like some have acknowledged, your fan base will come with your positive input and contribution to the community. I've learned so much from reading and following the excellent hubbers who freely give out sound, helpful advice.

2. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Never sacrifice quality for quantity.  The best option is to get good at both. For me, participating in the 30 day hubchallenges forces me to do that.  But, if someone is only participating in the challenge to crank out 30 substandard hubs, then they aren't doing themselves or the community any favors.

3. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Don't worry about building a fan base.  The fans happen on their own.  They will come when they see and appreciate the quality of your hubs. 

If you're writing for money, then your hubber fans aren't making you any money.  You want outside traffic to make money.  You want to promote your hubs outside of hubpages.

1. UPStar profile image60
      UPStarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you KCC.... curious.... what do you think is the best way to drive outside traffic to your hub?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Before KCC answers it, here I have gathered a few ways to get organic traffic to your hub/website in this hub...

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-more … ne-traffic

1. KCC Big Country profile image82
          KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks UH for helping out.  I would have directed her to one of you anyway. smile

4. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

I would prefer to write a quality hub each week over writing 30 hubs in 30 days.Yet,there are many who can really manage to write quality hubs within a short period of time.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Use the search bar at top smile type in traffic and you will get a list of Hubs on that topic wink good luck and welcome to HubPages smile

6. expectus profile image87
    expectusposted 6 years ago

1 really good one every week definitely. Publishing hubs every day for 30 days is great for boost in traffic you'll see big increases but I've had better results by increasing my traffic slowly over time with good hubs:)

and promoting can be easy as posting your link (not spamming) on a related forum, its amazing how much traffic a forum can generate especially for niche topics. goodluck

7. UPStar profile image60
    UPStarposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone. You guys are awesome! ((hugs)) and ((kisses)) I look forward to further adventures Hubbing

8. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago

I would like to do the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge but need to find time to draft the contents for 30 hubs first. Finding relevant titles, descriptions and keywords takes time too. Formating, designing, finding illustrations, videos, amazon content, all that takes me longer than actually writing content. So I could only do it if I had all the material at the ready before jumping into the challenge. In the meantime, if I don't write new hubs my traffic and hubscore don't improve so it's a bit of a catch 22. The way I work, there doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to do both. At the moment I am still learning to get more outside backlinks and still improving the hubs I've already written. Take it one step at a time I keep telling myself.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you've got the right approach.  I think too many newbie Hubbers are jumping on the 30 day bandwagon without realizing there's a learning curve to creating Hubs - it's not just a case of writing a few hundred words and publishing.

There are honourable exceptions who have the time and energy to devote to fast-tracking themselves (Helen Cater comes to mind, she's achieved an amazing amount in a very short time) but I do think they are exceptional.

2. KCC Big Country profile image82
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Marisa, you definitely have the correct approach, but don't assume that those of who are doing the 30 hubs in 30 days do all the work before we start, because most of don't.  For me, participating in the challenge taught me to be more efficient with my time so that I could do all that needed to be done from start to finish in the 30 days.

9. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

Good question! Not sure what the best answer is though! I mean, I have done the 30 hubs in 30 days and found it easy enough to do but I wouldn't want to do it again because it is time consuming, so for me I think I would rather turn out one or two excellent hubs a week!