jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

What would you do if.........

1. Stimp profile image79
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

This is a story that my fiance told me yesterday and it's absolutely freaking true, which is horrifying.

Okay, a guy is driving down a road, hits a dog....the dog belonged to the people in the home next to where the dog was hit.  The owner of the dog comes out to find the dude that hit the dog had gotten out of his car with a hammer AND a machete to "finish the job" I guess.

Ok, my first question....who does THAT??

And secondly why do you have a machete in your car?  Are you going to some jungle somewhere to blaze a path?

I'm having a hard time understanding the logic behind the dude.  Why didn't he just go to the home and tell the folks "hey, I'm sorry I hit your dog blah blah blah."  But he needed a hammer and a machete...really? 

I have my own idea about what would happen to the dude if I found my dog in his hands.  But what would YOU do??

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He is scared and if you are scared you are illogical, if you are illogical, you cant be emotional, he cant process what happens yet and he is scared of the consequences.

1. Stimp profile image79
        Stimpposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good way of looking at it.....I guess.  I'm guessing he'll be doin some jail time.

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Wow, that seems over the top. A lot of dogs can be saved but some are better to put down then to struggle on, but that choice I would want done by a vet- not some drunk on the road. Poor thing.

1. Stimp profile image79

That's what I thought.....the guy basically played "God" and decided this animals destiny without consulting with the owner.  I don't get it.

1. thranax profile image59
        thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As Humans, we are all given a chance to play god at anytime with anything we want. It's really scary when you think of the possibilities of every human being. This isn't about religion though, so im gonna stop it there.

All I know is it's a sad story and it shouldn't have even occurred.

3. Luciendasky profile image78
    Luciendaskyposted 6 years ago

Wow... that is really sad and scary

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

If I hit a dog I know I would cry for the dog and beg the owners for forgiveness. If it could be saved I would rush it to a vet.

1. Stimp profile image79

What would you do if you were the owner?

5. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 6 years ago

What I think is even scarier is a story I heard the other day. A woman was mugged by a group of guys, and one of them went someplace (maybe his house or a hardware store), and  got a saw, came back, and cut off her arm.

That's disgusting. But the one you mentioned is quite terrible too.

6. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Makes me wonder if he hits animals on purpose, and in gerneral is cruel to animals.  Who indeed carries a hammer and machete in their car?!

1. Stimp profile image79

EXACTLY...who DOES carry a hammer...let alone a machete.

1. 0
        Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

ive had a hammer in my car. but wtf would do with both? im guessing he was drunk and maybe DAS?

7. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

what a sadistic person, that simply makes me sick...
    back when I could still work, I hit a Mastiff..wich had gotten loose, it was 5 am I thought I saw a deer running along the tall grasses in the ditch, next thing you know my 73 Cutlass supreme is toast, I kow I shouldnt of been doing 60 but it was a deserted highway and I was going in early. The dog , poor thing, and my car died instantly, I heard a lady calling for her dog ( this was before I ever owned a cell phone , it was around 1995 or 1996 ) so I was luckily unhurt and walked to wards the voice in the dark, told her, she woke up her husbnd and we called the highway patrol and the guys covered it in a blanket to give it a proper buriel that day, I ended up riding home with the officer and calling off work it upset me so much...

How could you do tat and why would you have that in your car..something is very wrong with that person

1. Stimp profile image79

Your story is horrible and you did exactly the right thing....and I'm guessing the people really appreciated your being honest instead of having to find their dear family member lying on the side of the road the next day....or worse yet, their children finding him.  Kudos to you.