jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Have you noticed any benefits to downturn?

1. tiginban profile image59
    tiginbanposted 6 years ago

Just wondering if anyone's been reflecting on any positive aspects of the economic downturn. Seems like sometimes we're so crippled with fear, we forget to notice if anything good's happening. Here's 3 from me
    1. Though my husband does not have an income at present, we've found we've had to be creative and develop his business in new and exciting ways.
    2. I'm cooking more (and loving it - have not poisoned anyone yet!)
    3. I value my friends and family more.

2. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Many good things happen when the economy is down. Honestly I don't even feel any different from normal, were at war and in an economic crisis but it feels like everyday is normal.

I guess I am a very relaxed person. ^_^

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

there's an upside to everything, it's how we perceive it that determines the outcome. sometimes it takes a downturn to get peoples attention to make changes in their lives.

4. 0
    Leta Sposted 6 years ago

Savings rates are up, people are becoming more creative to deal with whatever situations they find themselves in, and there are a wealth of bargains to be had out there.

To those of us who grew up not really well-of, it's actually a chance to use our well-honed, lol, skills and be appreciated for it.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is pretty much my experience. I am not badly affected as I have always had to be careful with money and with finding hub pages and what not I am very excited about building a passive income and just exploring my options really. I guess during the good times people become complacent and comfortable with their usual routine while now people are more likely to want to expand their horizons and try new and different things.

5. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

I agree with the others, I think it's given a lot of poeple a chance to think about their lives and whats really important to them.

6. 0
    Scott.Lifeposted 6 years ago

Losing my Job, and the lack of any to replace it has prompted me to go back to school and seek a degree and potential career path.

7. tiginban profile image59
    tiginbanposted 6 years ago

While uncomfortable, it certainly brings out many admirable qualities, resourcefulness and inner grit that maybe we would never have discovered we had, all the time.