jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)

Do people ever publish an unfinished hub-then come back to finish?

1. benzino84 profile image78
    benzino84posted 6 years ago

Or is allowed?

1. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's against the guidelines. (you'll see the warning page stating it, as you create your Hub).

However, you can save the Hub and whenever you are ready, open it again, make any changes and Publish.

2. Stimp profile image80
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure about others but you can save it unpublished and come back later and finish THEN publish it.  It will show up in your account as unpublished.  I've done that before, like I needed photos or whatever so I saved it unpublished and edited it later.  Hope this helps.

3. abhitgo profile image61
    abhitgoposted 6 years ago

You can publish unfinished hubs. The only problem is that when you update the unfinished hubs it wont get noticed in the hubtivity area.

4. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

If you check the rules listed before you start writing a hub--it states that you shouldn't publish 'test' or unfinished hubs. If it isn't completed, hit the save unpublished button on the edit page. Then you can come back when you're ready and finish it then publish the finished hub.

5. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I think this is discouraged, not sure that there is much to actually stop you tho and of course a finished hub may well be altered a few times over its life before its just right for getting traffic and clicks n such.

6. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

why would you publish it if it wasnt finished?????

1. 0
      Ghost32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've published a number of Hubs that I THOUGHT were finished...but then new information updates were worth adding.  Sometimes a comment covers that, but sometimes not.  Example:  When we took in a couple of orphaned baby kangaroo rats, we added a few updates over the weeks, culminating in the female rat's release (when she came into heat and hormonally jump-bonked her head endlessly on the cage top) and then later the male rat's release (when he decided he'd grown up enough he didn't want to be touched by humans any more).

I wouldn't KNOWINGLY published one that was unfinished, but sometimes it's hard to know in advance.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ghost I hear ya but I read his question more as if he were asking to release it  . .and see how it goes and then maybe re write it  . .I too have gone back and updated a Hub and I am sure I will do it again in the future but I dont knowingly release it until I think I am done .. actually i have a few in the making now!

7. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

Not yet.

8. 0
    Jenny-Anneposted 6 years ago

it's probably better to have the patience to wait and come back to it later. You can publish a hub and then go back and edit it but if it's not finished, it might be tempting to press the publish button but you should hold off for a day or two.

9. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Janetta's correct, it clearly states in the hub setup process that you are not to publish an unfinished or test hub.  There are moderators who could flag it and it will be unpublished for you.  Going back and tweaking and modifying hubs is expected and we all do it, but when you hit "publish" that first time, it should be a completed piece of work ready for the world to read just like it is.

10. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

As others have said, it's against the guidelines to publish unfinished work, though nothing will stop you from clicking on "publish".  I often publish works that are "unfinished" in my maniac mind, meaning there may be passages I want to go back and elaborate more on later, but the basics are still there.  Or I may need to add pictures, additional pictures or other capsules of some kind later.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too.  I would never publish a Hub that couldn't stand on its own two feet, but I'll sometimes publish without the full complement of photos if I know it's going to take me a while to find them.

11. benzino84 profile image78
    benzino84posted 6 years ago

just unsure at first if it was saved correctly and didnt want to lose it. normally i save work in notepad of my email acct. that away i know i won't lose it, but i believe it is saved correctly.
    Thankyou for your input

1. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  12. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

I publish a hub, but Im always going bak and adding on to it..Im all about quality, not quantity, as I have said before smile

13. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I did that once, published a half done Hub. hmm I was mortified when I found it as it's like going outside half undressed. What people must've thought, I try not to think of  that tongue lol

14. Highvoltagewriter profile image86
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

Yes, that is how I feel...I sometimes hang on to a hub for awhile before I publish it...I have my friends proof read it and all...then if I find out more information, I will go back and add that later. However, I try to have the hub completed.