1. chrissie123 profile image75
    chrissie123posted 6 years ago

I checked my status on my account and two hubs have ! that beside them and one says duplicate? whats does this mean?

2. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

! means those hubs have broken links, and duplicate content means the same thing has been published elsewhere.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

If you go to edit the hubs in question it will give you more info.  The ones with broken links will usually highlight in yellow the link that is broken.  You can remove it or try to find the correct link.  This happens when websites change their URL.  I have one right now that shows broken links, but the only link in the hub works.  So, I'm not sure what happened there.

For the one with duplicate content, it can mean several things.  Either you've published the same (or a significant portion) of the exact same material somewhere else, or someone else has.  Sometimes, people copy your work and do it.  If you've done it, you need to either unpublish one or modify one of them enough that they are significantly different.

I know a hubber who used a lot of quotes from famous people and he got flagged for duplicate content.  All he did was add enough of his own words about the quotes to be the larger portion of his content.  Get the idea?

BTW, there is a legend key at the bottom of the "My Account" page that tells you what each symbol means.