jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Raise PR

1. jaymz profile image78
    jaymzposted 8 years ago

How can I raise my PR and get backlinks?

I've been submiting to a few social bookmarking sites. What else can I do?

1. College politico profile image60
      College politicoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I covered this some in my newest hub: http://hubpages.com/_GoNow/hub/hubpagessuccess

You should take a look if you want something more detailed...

But basically you should backlink to as many sites as possible to get more outside traffic... try to expand beyond just social sites maybe theres a site that deals with something you wrote about that allows comments with links in them? Or possibly forums on subjects you write about.

Also if you want more hubpages traffic I'd say do more of what you've been doing, and that is posting in the forums and on hubs as well as joining fan clubs.

2. TattooSamantha profile image61
    TattooSamanthaposted 8 years ago

Place relevant links on blogs in the comment section, publish articles and use the author bio, submit more bookmarks to other sites, post related comments in forums on the topic, get listed in directories just to name a few.

3. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 8 years ago

Look for blogs that have a PR4 or better and make comments on their post.

4. quotations profile image94
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

One tip I can suggest is that each page of your site should have an invitation to your visitors to link to you. You will be surprised how many more people will actually link to you if you ask them nicely and if you give them the link back code so they can just copy and paste it into their site or blog.

You could also try writing and submitting articles to various sites that syndicate free articles. The articles would have a link back to your site. For example: http://www.articlepotluck.com/

You should avoid paying to have your site listed in various directories. Google has started to penalize the page rank of sites that get links by paying for them. Google sees this as artificial backlink inflation and it will backfire.

Hope this helps.