jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)

Choosing ideas and topics for Hubs

1. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
    NGRIA Bassettposted 6 years ago

What make you decide on a topic and a tiltle for your hubs.

2. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

It depends.  Some of my hubs are just things I want to write about and the title just comes to me.  Some hubs are geared towards earnings potential.  Those hubs will be chosen and titled based on my research of keyword CPC potential.

NGRIA Bassettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks KCC Big Country. I will have to discover "Keyword CPC". Never heard of it.

3. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

I mainly write about things that interest me, though I have done a few aimed at making money from Amazon.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I use bones... When they are scattered, they land a particular way that will determine what needs to be written about. To find the words.... I find that a five minute conversation with my pet frog.. generally dictates the words that I Shouldn't use and from there... I google the rest.  Hope this helps smile

Are you diving for pearls pearldiver?

5. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

PD - talking to frogs is not a good idea. They are consummate in the Dark Arts of misleading, misinformation and hot air smile

As for me (being a frog and all) I write similar to KCC. Some things are driven by WGW (what google wants) and the rest are things I trip over, that interest me, know of and so on. I'd say 50/50.

6. Black Lilly profile image77
    Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

It all just comes from the heart, never planned. Just write what you feel and that's it.
    In addition, I do not read my own stuff. I don't even proofread it after writing - when it's written, I press "publish".

7. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 6 years ago

Mine are basically whatever pops into my head that day.

8. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

I have tons of ideas on topics based on my professional experience as an occupational therapist.  Also I usually have 2 to 4 or more ideas left over from each HubMob I participate in.  That's what I'm working on now, a couple of my leftover Toys HubMob ideas.

9. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Stuff I'm interested in.
    Stuff I want to learn about.
    Stuff people ask me about in the comments left in my hubs.
    Stuff I think will sell.
    Stuff  that is commonly asked about certain topics.

Anything I think will make a good hub.

10. alekhouse profile image80
    alekhouseposted 6 years ago

Most of my hubs are about topics that interest me or that I want to learn more about. My poetry is usually elicited by some kind of emotion or memory or visual image. My titles usually grow out of the content in the hub. They may come before the hub is written Or they may emerge somewhere along the way or at the finish. I've been known to change the title, until I'm satisfied with it.

Thanks alekhouse.I would think of a title but once I begin to write, the flow often proceeds in a different way than I had previously thought out. Then I just let it go that way and probably change the title.

1. 0
        lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ngria do you write it out first? That is usually how I come up with the title. I write the hub out longhand then go to the computer and type it up in word do all the spell checking etc that I can transfer to wordpad and by then a title has struck me sometimes they aren't great and I do have to go back in after publishing the hub to make changes but for the most part this works.

Great idea! I usually just write and research all at the same time. I usually write from my knowledge base and expand and verify certain facts while I am writing. Then I spell check(sometimes) I often have to go back to make spelling and gramatical corrections.
          Thanks for sharing your techniques.

11. beth811 profile image69
    beth811posted 6 years ago

Any topics that interest me...

12. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

I have too many subjects I want to write about to ever worry about writer's block.  I write for my own enjoyment mainly, but I just made the first payout so this is just an added perk for me.

Excellent. CONGRATULATIONS.
      I agree that writing for the enjoyment works for me. When I do get a payout, that will be an added "mode" on the apple pie.

13. Shinkicker profile image90
    Shinkickerposted 6 years ago

I'm quite new to HubPages so I've just been writing about things I know about to give myself a feel for it.
    But I'd like to try and aim to make a little cash in future Hubs by choosing the right topics.