jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Going through a click drought :-(

1. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Over the past few days, my traffic has gone up more than ever ... but I haven't received a click in about 4 days. I did have a good week in terms of Amazon earnings, so all is not lost, but I want my clicks, too!

Does anyone else feel like they're gambling sometimes when it comes to hoping for clicks? I feel like I'm playing a game.

1. yoshi97 profile image89
      yoshi97posted 6 years ago in reply to this

As you write more hubs those droughts will become less in number smile

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are partly right, Yoshi. You can write more hubs, or you can pay more attention to SEO. I haven't had a click-free day since about a week after joining HP, and I don't have that many hubs. It really depends on whether you want to find a target and go after it, or throw a bunch of stuff against a wall to see what sticks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Naomi, as time goes by, you'll stop obsessing about it!

1. Hope Wilbanks profile image81
      Hope Wilbanksposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Marisa. Just keep writing and try not to check so often. Otherwise, you'll end up frustrated and want to quit writing.

Instead of checking your stats, do a five minute write-out, where you write as many article ideas as you can think of. Then you'll have a nice list of inspiration to pull from to write, instead of just frustration over so few clicks. wink

3. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

huh I never paid attention too much even though that is where the money comes from lol but yea it is a gambling game for sure. Hope things pick up for you, MaomiR

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I have gotten used to this. Although I get Adsense clicks everyday, but sometimes they are too few and on others a bit too much but have become used to it so don't get bothered by it.

5. Dr23 profile image59
    Dr23posted 6 years ago

I got my first two a few days ago, but then none since.

Since I'm new, I expect it'll be a while until I see anymore, or any sense of regularity.

6. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

I have had it happen to me as well.  Thousands of page views, with few clicks.  Then a few views but they all click.  I think it depends on where the traffic is coming from.  The better the source (google as opposed to stumbleupon) the more clicks.

The good news is everything is better with good traffic so keep up the good work.