jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Themes/Series for 30 day challenge

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Have you found that by setting themes you can write a little more because you have a topic to go by?

(this is so  deja vu with the a coworker walking through the lobby talking about something right as I typed the above question... very odd)

Or do you just write whatever you think about?

I know when I'm doing blog posts, when I set a theme, I can usually come up with more topics than if I don't. I've tried it with hubpages, and for me, it stands here too. But, I am curious if you guys have done this with your hubs, especially during any challenges?

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I will be starting a more directed theme towards the end of the month. I'm hoping it will pay off.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Whitney, I think in terms of keyword groupings and then try to see if I can write maybe 50 hubs around those keywords so that I focus on a different keyword variant in each hub. But the keywords overlap a bit, so they reinforce each other.

I also try to look at my other websites and make webpages around the same keywords. (The supporting sales copy has to be unque to each webpage and hub. Whitney I know you know this, but others might not.) The goal being that some of these keywords will place at least twice in google's Top 10 on any given day. If SERP placement is my goal, I don't interlink the hubs and webpages. I don't want google to know that I'm attached to both. I have different sites and blogs that are dedicated to backlinks and not SERP placement.

It does make it easier, because your mind can settle in and start to brainstorm relationships that you might not come up with if you are moving from subject to subject each day.

But somtimes I do work on two or three keyword groupings simultaneously, if I'm in a scattered mood.

4. Whitney05 profile image68

I was under the impression it was good to link hubs together and sites, as it reinforces the relevance of the topic. I forget who said it, but I believe that was the overall gist of capstone hubs. Create a series and then link them all together.

Or are you saying you don't link your sites to your hubs? If that's what you're saying, I understand that. I have links to mine in my profile but not within hubs. How will they know that they're all yours? People post links all the time to other sites, but that doesn't mean the same person is related to both.

Nelle, you choose by giant keyword as your series then?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think with 2 years and 600+ hubs behind you, you have a track record of not being overly-promotional. So linking to one of your own webpages which have related information isn't going to hurt your HubScore or trip any flags.

5. Whitney05 profile image68

I didn't know that if there was a reason why Nelle wasn't linking anything from her sites to hubs and vice versa bc of search engines knowing they were related.