jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Radio DJs are clueless about the Healthcare Bill

1. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 6 years ago

So I was listening to the radio on our rock station here in Phoenix and the DJs were saying how awesome it was that the House passed the healthcare bill and everyone was a step away from FREE healthcare....what??  haha

They talked for a good 10 minutes about the "FREE" healthcare and how it's about time the U.S. caught up with the rest of the world.

They go on to talk about what "slutty" celebrities they would want to have sex with once the bill is passed so the government can pay for their STD coverage...haha.

I can't believe they think this bill gives out FREE healthcare and how many people listening were misled.

I wonder how many other people think this bill is about FREE healthcare?

It's actually MAKING you BUY health coverage, not giving it away for free  lol

1. RooBee profile image84
      RooBeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like they were just being sarcastic, as radio DJ's often are. There is ample misinformation on both sides regarding what the bill does and doesn't require/provide.
      Radio DJ's, as well as ex-radio DJ's (ahem, Glen Beck, ahem) smile tend not to be an intelligent source of information on anything.

1. TimTurner profile image80
        TimTurnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I honestly don't know if they were being sarcastic or not.  But the point is how many people did they mislead?

It was a news segment about the "historic" House vote and then they started talking about the "free" healthcare.

There was 3 DJs discussing it.  I really don't think they were joking.

2. gary777g profile image79
    gary777gposted 6 years ago

Yes Tim, it is sad how many people have no idea what is in store for their future.  I can't believe how many people i have talked to that think it is a good idea and they do not know the provisions of the bill or even have any concept of what is about to happen.

3. 0
    Madame Xposted 6 years ago

So uh, who owns this radio station?

4. UPStar profile image62
    UPStarposted 6 years ago

Me wonders if the Economic/Government teachers of this nation are doing thier job...

5. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

The funny thing is, young people who came out in huge numbers to support Obama, will be hurt most by this bill. Young people will be paying higher taxes to subsidize older people who are using more of the care!

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

perhaps the "STD" line provides a clue? wink