Hello I've posted one hub, But I'm not sure if What I wrote about is really what this site is for.. So what exactly are we supposed to do? I know this isn't a blog site or anything.
Just a bit of guidance would be fantastic
and can anyone explain the way you make money? I mean I understand the ads and stuff.. I'm just a little overwhelmed, maybe.
Its either you want to earn or just to help others that is the essence of hubbing here... Now if you want to earn try to make hubs thats is at least okay or quality. Quality content is a big plus here... but you need to get around the environment of HubPages to be successful... Goodluck newbie...
I took a look at what you wrote, and first; if there's a category for your topic (and there is) then it's fine. Second, There is no right or wrong for topics with the exception of ilegal, imoral, etc. Third, As for making money with the site, well you wont earn a living with just a few hub pages, and you need topics the people search for on here and online. Hub pages can get ranked well in the search engine, however, if you are new, then that wont be easy. So its best to use the pages as a way to "promote" a product/service through an article on that topic like... "How To Get Out of Debt Without Having To Live On Mac & Cheese" Or "Make Money Quick By Selling Your Toenails"
lol, Of course those arent real topics, but you get the point. So when people read it, the ads that are put on your page will be targeted to the content. By the way, for advertising, YOU have to sign up for the ad accounts in your control panel. Once you get accepted for the accounts, like adsense, etc, then your code goes in the ad on your page. Most of this info is on this site and will be emailed to you after you signed up.
Everything is explained in the Hubpages Getting Started Gude, Info page. did you read about the site before you started writing?
It really helps to read through many hubs before starting to write. http://hubpages.com/faq/
welcome to HP.
well, say if 100 people view your hub (i'm assuming that you have already signed up to adsense and connected it with hub pages) my understanding is that out of those 100 views, 60 will contain your adsense ads. So if someone clicks one of your ads that is one of you 60 views then you get paid.
Hope this helped, i'll check out your hub now aswell.
I just signed up, So I haven't signed up for adsense yet. I want to write abit more, I just need some help on what exactly is..kosher? And please dont read my hub haha. It's horrid
Too late. Just skimmed through it. Ok, it's relativly hard to get accepted into the AdSense program with just hub pages. So, i recommend making a free google blogspot blog which then pretty much garuntees you will get accepted.
So that's what I would do first.
I guess I don't understand How making a blog would really.. help. But i am the one looking for help, So I will stop being obstinate haha.
Ok, to be accepted into Google AdSense you must provide them with a site with your content on it. A couple of Hub's will NOT get you in. However, there is a loophole. By creating a blog via blogspot (a Google branch per say) you are almost garunteed an acceptence into AdSense.
You will see what I mean when you try and apply.
You've thrown yourself into the Extreme Rackover from which other hubbers can make suggestions on how to improve your work or just kick it death if it's no good. Yours is not bad...
Having read your hub; I would suggest the following:
1) Embed a pic. - on something that you feel relates to your hub. What this will do is ensure that your work looks more professional as opposed to being seen as a title and blank space.
2) Get rid of the 'Random Reader' stuff, as it is a negative reference which creates a barrier between the author and reader. You actually need to draw your readers towards you and not away.
3) So perhaps also be less aggressive in how you approach the subject. You can do that by writing it from the perspective of 'offering advice' as opposed to merely stating your point of view. You are in a position to help break down more than just attitudes (if you hear what I'm saying?).
4) Change your statement that this site is here as merely a vehicle for how you feel about things. By making a statement like; "I chose this site as it offers people the opportunity to provide (help or advice) to other like minded people." (Know what I mean?) You not only build yourself but also the site, as your opening paragraph influences your attention from search engines.
5) Get your grammer right. eg: Don't follow a comma with a CAP.
6) Break up your text a bit, by using more than one text capsule.
7) Take out words like 'Rant' as it isn't a blog and you want to be seen as a level headed advocate that others will follow. Why do I say this? Because if your passion is above average - Don't betray it by writing in an average way!
There.... that didn't hurt too much
Good Luck/Welcome - Develop your niche with wisdom, not anger
by TIMETRAVELER210 months ago
At the end of this month, I will have been here at HP for four years. At first it was interesting, challenging and fun. I met so many fantastic people and talented writers and was inspired to learn and grow...
by Jerrico Usher8 years ago
If i sign up an affilate under me and they create several accounts, will I get credit for their hubs on those other accounts? am I linked to all theirhub activity consolidatively?
by cookingdiva5 years ago
I have been not been on HP lately due to various things in life and job. There has been a few changes!Has everyone signed up with new HP earning program or am I only one left? How are those of you doing with new...
by Adopt-a-Dog6 years ago
Hi, I have been posting a series of hubs on Dog Care and Adoption topics. All my hubs are original and I type each character in it. I also got a decent number of Hubs(21) to begin with all with good content. But google...
by ryankett6 years ago
I have been out of action for a few days, so not sure if anybody has posted this? A quick search didn't bring anything, so maybe not?Many of you may remember that I promoted Snipsly quite heavily early on, having...
by Kim KB4 years ago
Hi all:I just signed up and can't get past the "One last thing...please type words below" There are no words, just a continue button. And when I hit that it shows an error message. If anyone...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.