I am very new, and Need a liiiittle help.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

Hello smile  I've posted one hub, But I'm not sure if What I wrote about is really what this site is for.. So what exactly are we supposed to do? I know this isn't a blog site or anything.

Just a bit of guidance would be fantastic smile 

and can anyone explain the way you make money? I mean I understand the ads and stuff.. I'm just a little overwhelmed, maybe.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its either you want to earn or just to help others that is the essence of hubbing here... Now if you want to earn try to make hubs thats is at least okay or quality. Quality content is a big plus here... but you need to get around the environment of HubPages to be successful... Goodluck newbie...

2. StudentLoanModifi profile image59
      StudentLoanModifiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,
      I took a look at what you wrote, and first; if there's a category for your topic (and there is) then it's fine. Second, There is no right or wrong for topics with the exception of ilegal, imoral, etc. Third, As for making money with the site, well you wont earn a living with just a few hub pages, and you need topics the people search for on here and online. Hub pages can get ranked well in the search engine, however, if you are new, then that wont be easy. So its best to use the pages as a way to "promote" a product/service through an article on that topic like... "How To Get Out of Debt Without Having To Live On Mac & Cheese" Or "Make Money Quick By Selling Your Toenails"
      lol, Of course those arent real topics, but you get the point. So when people read it, the ads that are put on your page will be targeted to the content. By the way, for advertising, YOU have to sign up for the ad accounts in your control panel. Once you get accepted for the accounts, like adsense, etc, then your code goes in the ad on your page. Most of this info is on this site and will be emailed to you after you signed up.

1. profile image0
        blatvaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everything is explained in the Hubpages Getting Started Gude, Info page. did you read about the site before you started writing?
      It really helps to read through many hubs before starting to write. http://hubpages.com/faq/ 

welcome to HP. smile

2. Jackson Riddle profile image48
    Jackson Riddleposted 14 years ago

well, say if 100 people view your hub (i'm assuming that you have already signed up to adsense and connected it with hub pages) my understanding is that out of those 100 views, 60 will contain your adsense ads. So if someone clicks one of your ads that is one of you 60 views then you get paid.

Hope this helped, i'll check out your hub now aswell.

1. profile image0

I just signed up, So I haven't signed up for adsense yet. I want to write  abit more, I just need some help on what exactly is..kosher?  And please dont read my hub haha. It's horrid

1. Jackson Riddle profile image48
        Jackson Riddleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too late. Just skimmed through it. Ok, it's relativly hard to get accepted into the AdSense program with just hub pages. So, i recommend making a free google blogspot blog which then pretty much garuntees you will get accepted.

So that's what I would do first.

1. profile image0

I guess I don't understand How making a blog would really.. help. But i am the one looking for help, So I will stop being obstinate haha.

1. Jackson Riddle profile image48
            Jackson Riddleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, to be accepted into Google AdSense you must provide them with a site with your content on it. A couple of Hub's will NOT get you in. However, there is a loophole. By creating a blog via blogspot (a Google branch per say) you are almost garunteed an acceptence into AdSense.

You will see what I mean when you try and apply.

3. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Hi Blatva
    You've thrown yourself into the Extreme Rackover from which other hubbers can make suggestions on how to improve your work or just kick it death if it's no good.  Yours is not bad...

Having read your hub; I would suggest the following:

1) Embed a pic. - on something that you feel relates to your hub. What this will do is ensure that your work looks more professional as opposed to being seen as a title and blank space.

2) Get rid of the 'Random Reader' stuff, as it is a negative reference which creates a barrier between the author and reader. You actually need to draw your readers towards you and not away.

3) So perhaps also be less aggressive in how you approach the subject. You can do that by writing it from the perspective of 'offering advice' as opposed to merely stating your point of view. You are in a position to help break down more than just attitudes (if you hear what I'm saying?).

4) Change your statement that this site is here as merely a vehicle for how you feel about things. By making a statement like; "I chose this site as it offers people the opportunity to provide (help or advice) to other like minded people." (Know what I mean?) You not only build yourself but also the site, as your opening paragraph influences your attention from search engines.

5) Get your grammer right. eg: Don't follow a comma with a CAP.

6) Break up your text a bit, by using more than one text capsule.

7) Take out words like 'Rant' as it isn't a blog and you want to be seen as a level headed advocate that others will follow. Why do I say this? Because if your passion is above average - Don't betray it by writing in an average way!

There.... that didn't hurt too much yikes
    Good Luck/Welcome - Develop your niche with wisdom, not anger smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)