jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Did President Bush have one of the most difficult Presidency's?

1. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 6 years ago

Obama Drama is going through his first "healer" role as he will meet with the families of the Ft. Hood tragedy today.  How many more of these roles will Obama Drama face in his presidency?  How many more big challenges will he face?

President Bush had to endure a couple of wars (which he started) but also the worst terrorist attack in our history, the biggest natural disaster to hit the U.S. (Katrina), the space shuttle explosion, the biggest mass shooting in U.S. history (VA Tech), the worst California wildfires on record and, of course, the 2nd worse recession in U.S. history.

I'm not an expert on President's and what they had to endure but I'm thinking Bush had one of the more challenging presidencies.

Anyone agree?

1. livelonger profile image90
      livelongerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course. The problem is that he responded abysmally to almost all of those challenges.

I don't count murderer tragedies, though - the president's role is minimal (saying a few words and comforting the family).

2. Shinkicker profile image91
    Shinkickerposted 6 years ago

I think that, intellectually, he was the most challenged President ever.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Quoted for truth.

Slam Dunk!

Home Run!

You nailed it in 11 words.

2. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WhooHoo!  I agree - SLAM DUNK...

3. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

I actually disagree.  I think the president over the next 10 years is going to have the most difficult job of any predecessor.

Just the shifting in goods movement from Southern California to Mexico alone with have a dramatic effect on that entire region, and nationwide: employment patterns, and therefore migration patterns will alter and the defeat of the Longshore and Warehouse Union on the Pacific coast will undermine an already deteriorating labor front.

The University of California system is raising tuition 38% this year, an unprecidented shift, and the Cal State system is following suit, though not to that extreme degree.

The community college system designed to accomodate a growing number of high school graduates are raising rates and cutting entire terms....the Los Angeles Community College District to be specific.

At the same time we are told that double digit unemployment will be the new norm as government mandated education requirements, like the CAHSEE exam are proven to be failures...

The changes that our nation is facing because of globalisation will accelerate, as will economic disparity between socio-economic groups....these issues are already being felt..

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

It was a tough one but sometimes you had to ask yourself what was he thinking?