jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Diving Hubs

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago

In the last few weeks I have noticed that my hubs when when first published will have a very high viewing and then about 3-4 days later and for a week or so afterwards, they will drop to zero.  It isn't just certain hubs, but any that I have written.  They have never done this before and it doesn't make any sense.  My stats in the last three days have not oved all that much either although I know they are being read becasue I would get a comment and it not show up on the stats page.

Anyone know what is up with all this or has anyone else been getting this too?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's always been my normal experience that I have a spike of traffic when a Hub is first published, then the traffic bombs.  The initial spike is all Hubbers, and I have to wait till my Hub moves up the search engine rankings before I get any more visitors. I've seen complaints that Google is taking a long time to index Hubs so that could be the reason behind the lack of traffic, however....

This sounds weird - maybe you should email the HubPages team.

2. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Actually for the first time, my hubs are doing well.  Hope things work out for you soon smile

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Have you got Google analytics? The figures arn't an exact match with hubpages data but the trends are the same. You can at least see if the highs and lows are real or not.

Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have that.  I don't know how to use it, but I have it at my Google Adsense account.  I just thought it weird that they would all of a sudden fall like that.  My older hubs are having no problems and are getting views, but it's just the new ones that seem to take a nose dive.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago

I guess no one knows or has had these problems.  It's been 4 hours since someone (ME) posted last.

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Usually when you first publish the hub, you get the spike from email alerts that your fans click and check out as well as other hubpage views. They drop, and eventually (sometimes) pick back up.

Lately, I've found indexing quite slow. I guess it's just me. But I have 7 days worth of hubs not indexed. They just indexed my 2nd hub from 8 days ago today. They'll probably index the next one tomorrow. One a day, but 7 days behind for me, which is hurting my traffic.

Not sure if that's something you've looked into.

Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't looked into that, but it does sound like that is what is happening.  Well it is going to be a week or so until I get my next hub published ...so I will see what happens to that one.

Thanks ladies.