Always update your hubs...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 16 years ago

Always be on the look out for new links and content that can be added to your hubs as the more good and quality content you add, then the more traffic you could generate for yourself as an authority on whatever you hub about!

I'm going through all of my old hubs and updating them all because I started out as a spammer and this is not the way to go guys and gals!!

Keep the faith and write write write!!!!!

1. robertino profile image60
      robertinoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Good point,
      I started out as a spammer too or at least so it seam.. and my first hub I re edited several times to the point where it is my own content 99.99% BUT the red warning still stands and says it is highly commercialized and the one link I have leads to my very own website which has my very own F-cking name on it nicholasmancini.ws What more do they want?
      Hello!
      What is wrong with these people? Is it something that I do not understand?
      Do they want me here? I begin to wonder...
      I comment on other people hubs, I am quite active here in the Hubadubadoo LOL..community, what else is missing? Help me out here Please.

Does the staff here actually reads the Hubs? or just ...
      Anyways...

Have a Supper Tuesday and vote for my friend Obama.
      Thank you!

2. About-The-Home profile image60
    About-The-Homeposted 16 years ago

I learned my lesson on another site where I posted lots of links and got thrown off in 24 hours without warning and with no chance of mending my ways.
    Just kicked me out of town!!!!
    At least you've got a second chance and I suppose hubpages gave me a second chance although they don't know it and I know now what the boundaries are (roughly)

GerryM

1. robertino profile image60
      robertinoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, They gave you as second chance as if the Place make the participants or the participants make the place.. which one is it? I am all confused now LOL.

I must admit though their HUB system is great. It does make you come back here and participate.  Watch out for some KILLER HUBS coming your way from yours truly;-)

Cheers!

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

I have to say, if you write them well in the first place, with appropriate links and information, the only time you really need to do this is if they are failing in some way.

I periodically look at my failures and look for ways to improve them, but find my time better spent making new hubs, using lessons I have learned from the failures. smile

1. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I know messin with perfection can upset the balance but I just can't help but add more to old hubs just sitting there gathering dust!!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I agree smile LOL

4. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL - Some are just meant to die a slow death. My first hub, a recipe for making an omelette sat for 6 months with almost no traffic - then, the other day, someone found it and submitted it to a social network site and it got several thousand visits in a few days. So, I am glad I left it alone. smile

1. djtphn1 profile image74
      djtphn1posted 16 years agoin reply to this

How cute, I can just see you in your little apron cooking up a storm in the kitchen right now!!! LOL!

2. profile image0
      daflaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  My hub on Christmas alone won't get anymore hits until Christmas this year when people are doing searches for the keyword "Christmas", so I may even delete it.

1. Lissie profile image75
        Lissieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Why delete it? Its nt using too many electrons and I'm pretty sure Christmas is schedued again for this year!

5. Mark Knowles profile image58

Well, it's a big apron, but yes, I love cooking. big_smile

1. seamus profile image57
      seamusposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hee. big_smile

I appreciate all the information you guys are sharing and the omelette story. That reminds me not to give up!

6. profile image49
    broalexposted 16 years ago

Updating Hubs is an important asset here , well they must be done in the first place and then  talk about updating lol , as for me , the same goes as for mark some hubs I have published in my few first days on Hubpages Get thousand of visits now , and are some of my hottest hubs but some are a real failure , I dont consider writing on a specific TOPIC is important on Hubpages , as "How you write it" matters the most. I have posted on an other forum my opinion on "What to write on Hubpages??" ... well some people get thousands of visits on some hubs that are really not interesting that much ... that`s a weird thing yikes)  Keep on publishing hubs , size does matter as you see success comes in a whole lot of months here wink

7. stevedimatteo profile image60
    stevedimatteoposted 16 years ago

I'm just starting out here, but I'll definitely take this into consideration - I think I'd focus more on just creating new content rather than going back and updating all my stuff.  But when I have more, maybe.  What I'm gathering is that I am really going to need patience to become successful on here.  Definitely harder than it sounds...

8. profile image49
    broalexposted 16 years ago

Hubpages team even talks about revenues and say that they don`t promise high incomes here - but there are some revenue shares thou , talking about hard work ? I am doing this for fun to .. I think on average it takes up to 6 months to make an extra pocket money here , can`t say that anyone can make a living with 200$. In conclusion I think the most important thing on Hubpages is Good Content that anyone can do with a bit of struggle , a lot of useful links placed in your hubs and of course not to forget the traffic , traffic brings you the income as long as we are not paid to write here. Lets forget about money and get to work big_smile

big_smile big_smile big_smile

9. About-The-Home profile image60
    About-The-Homeposted 16 years ago

This is not a criticism Steve mate.
    The top hubbers are averaging a hub a day.

Where do they find the time?

I don't know if it's possible to make money on here, I'm new too, but I came here to get links to some other sites, and I enjoy the opportunity to practice writing (or rewriting) stuff.

GerryM

10. PCaholicDotCom profile image59
    PCaholicDotComposted 16 years ago

LOL great topic... Mark, with you being an experienced successful hubber, I appreciate the feedback you've provided here.

I would like to add my thoughts...

I started my first hub about speeding up your PC and thought I had it completed... it seems I would lie in bed and remember something I didn't talk about! So I would add it the next day.

I think there are times when adding to your hub can be essential, but I believe you are also right by applying lessons learned to new hubs.

My first hub had 8-9 links LOL I cut it down to I believe to 5-6 and most of those go to trusted authority sites that are useful to the reader :-)

Peter

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)