jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Hub tagged for duplicate content

1. cheapplanetickets profile image59
    cheapplaneticketsposted 6 years ago

Hello Everyone, my hub was tagged for duplicate content so I found copy scape and checked to see what it says. All they have as far as another site having the same content from my hub is the stuff I have no control over such as the "sign in" and profile tabs.

I have tried to unpublish and republish but the duplicate status stays the same.

Also I did have a news modual active in the hub that appread in copy scape as duplicate content so I deleted that news and re published but I'm getting the same duplicate flag

Any knowledge will help, Thank You!

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile Duplicate warnings will take a day or so to be removed once you have addressed the problem otherwise HP can probably help you, just send a email to team@hubpages.com . Hope that helps. smile

3. forlan profile image61
    forlanposted 6 years ago

Why do not try to change the article and submit again. I believe hubpages will accept your hubs.

4. LVM profile image55
    LVMposted 6 years ago

Add some pictures and video clips and the "duplicate" message might disappear.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Though it's a good suggestion in terms of improving a hub, it won't work towards having the duplicate flag being removed.

1. LVM profile image55
        LVMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In my experience, sometimes it disappears.  That's why I said "might". 

And you may be right.  Sometimes, it simply won't go away.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I have a hub that has been copied on a Chinese site. Sometimes the copyright symbol disappears for a few days, but it always comes back. 

I rewrote a lot of the content but not most of it so it still shows up as duplicate. It's what is in your text capsules that matters, not the extras.

6. dyesebel10 profile image79
    dyesebel10posted 6 years ago

Change the content.  'Duplicate content' will disappear.  It happened to me.

7. 0
    directsaurabhposted 6 years ago

Rewrite your article. It happened to me also. Rather I would say add some new things to it and improve it because you need good traffic to your hubs anyhow. Thanks

8. cheapplanetickets profile image59
    cheapplaneticketsposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone, the duplicate flag has been removed, but it sucks because now my scores are terrible.

9. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

I wrote an article about Black Friday and it was tagged a duplicate because the information is all over the Internet. After a few days of traffic, the tag was removed. I don't know why for sure, but maybe yours will disappear, too. Just make sure you did all you can to make it different from others' work, first.