jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

If you win big in the lottery, what would you do?

1. dyesebel10 profile image79
    dyesebel10posted 6 years ago

First of all, be quiet (LOL), take a deep breath and think.. I will consult a financial advisor, pay off my debts, share my blessings with my relatives and closest friends.. invest, travel, give something to church/charity, build school, orphanage, scholarship, etc.

2. gary777g profile image80
    gary777gposted 6 years ago

I would try to establish residency in Florida or some state with less taxes before I collect.  Then pay off debts of my own and family and friends.  Then invest.  I would buy real estate.

3. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Someone else did this thread recently.  Among other things, I would see to it that my relatives had healthcare coverage.

1. Stimp profile image79
      Stimpposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Will you adopt me....I need healthcare coverage smile

4. Black Lilly profile image77
    Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

I would invest part in real estate in various countries and part in 4-5 different businesses, which would hopefully develop into something significant.
    And then buy myself an island in the Carribean big_smile

5. flread45 profile image81
    flread45posted 6 years ago

I would help feed the homeless that the big rich b------s put on the streets through their greed.

6. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

10% to church. Pay off debts, my Mortgage, treat family. Send money to friends who need it anonymously, only to reveal to them a few months later that it was me.

Set up a centre for kids to learn how to dance/or just to stage dances amongst other things - preparing them for competitions.

Hire a Life Coach -  to work with me twice a month so I don't end up bankrupt 3 years after winning the lottery as most people do.

Go on holiday to America, Dubai, Seychelles, India with a friend, while I work out where to invest some money.

Oh! its so hard spending money. smile

7. Stimp profile image79
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

Like everyone else....pay off debts, set up my parents for life.  Then, I would donate my current hobby farm to someone in need.  I would build a horse rehab facility complete with a swimming pool for exercising.  This facility would have the finest rehab vets, consultants, and massage therapists.

And there'd be a dolphin tank.  I don't know why.  Just thought it would be cool to have an underground riding arena where you could see dolphins swimming about. smile