jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Who is reading my unpublished hubs?

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago

I'm sure this has been answered already, in fact I remember reading a thread discussing this subject before.  Anyone know the link?  When I save unpublished hubs it plainly says no one can read them.  Besides this, the hubs are rated too.

2. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Whenever you preview/edit your unpublished Hub, it counts as a Page view.  So, its you, who has been reading your unpublished Hub. smile

Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So, sometime during the night I got up. apparently sleep walking, and checked my hub, and in the process, rated it up.  Besides, I didn't think our visits to our own hubs counted as a page view.

1. UPStar profile image61
        UPStarposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah, that's sorta weird. I know my views do not change no matter how many times I review my hubs, published or not. I'll have to try not publishing one and see what happens. How many views did you have?

Just checked, there is another page view and I purposely have not clicked on the hub.  So that explanation is out the window!

2. Lady_E profile image82
        Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Read Uninvited  and Mark Knowles comments on the links below. They have been here for a long time and have a lot of experience.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/25316#post465842

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/19120

Not much information on either of these links other than to state the same information you gave.  Perhaps a staff member could enlighten us,

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
        Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why the snarky response to someone trying to answer your question? Stats are not always updated in real time. As for ratings, I have unpublished hubs that are currently rated higher than a published one.

Maybe it was a ghost. roll

1. Lady_E profile image82
          Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cheers Jeffrey smile

I wish I never bothered answering.

My personal apology to you for my response, it wasn't meant to be critical.  Thank you.

2. Randy Godwin profile image92

Sorry if you though my post was snarky, it wasn't meant to be taken that way.  My apologies.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
            Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No worries...sometimes sarcasm is hard to convey in writing.

I don't worry too much about it, though.  It does seem as though the numbers on my unpublished hubs are close to the amount of times I've gone in and edited them, but if the hubteam is going in and reading them, big deal.  I have too many other things to concern myself with, and they aren't getting a good view of the hub by reading it early anyway, smile

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

It's something we've all gotten used to and don't worry about it.  It's not going to be some outside individual.  If anything, it would HP staff or bots crawling the page for rankings.  It doesn't matter.  We just keep writing.  smile

I suppose you are right. It just seems odd when it says no one can read these articles and it appears someone or something does.  I still cannot understand how the ranking goes up though!

working