jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

I thought all Hubs got a score of 50 when first published...

1. gary777g profile image79
    gary777gposted 6 years ago

..then i did one and got a 49.  What did I do wrong with that one, I wonder?

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

there is no set starting score...you can publish a hub at 75!

seems to start higher if you use a good variety of hub capsules..and maybe take a couple of days to edit and publish

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

don't worry about it, sometimes it happens. it will go up.

3. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

I've started at 48, 49, 50 but very shortly they fly up.  It seems to me that part of the score is determined by the number and quality of the links in the hub as well as the quality of the hub.

4. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

The scores are all over the place.  Sunforged is right though, I've found that if I start one and then let it sit for a few days it'll rise on it's own.  I've published new hubs in the 70s before too. 

The reverse is also true.  I have a hub now that I wrote in one of my early months here and it never has done well. It's just a funny story about my daughter that I wanted to share.  It has been as high as the 70s at different points, but it has dropped to 49 as of yesterday. 

Don't fret over it.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

my lowest so far is 48 but afther one day they go up to 60 plus..

6. gary777g profile image79
    gary777gposted 6 years ago

Thanks to all of you who answered.  I will not fret.  I'm still not up on the 'links' thing...  I will have to learn about that.  Thanks again!  Gary

7. lakeerieartists profile image80
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

I have had several start under 50 but they go up pretty quickly.

8. creativeone59 profile image45
    creativeone59posted 6 years ago

I have had a few at 49 , but the score does go up, I would love get one above 75.   creativeone59

9. Choke Frantic profile image86
    Choke Franticposted 6 years ago

Wow, publishing at hub in the 70s?! That's outrageous! Wish I could do that some day.