jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

A question about photo hubs......

1. 60
    classyphotohubsposted 6 years ago

I have noticed a lot of tension towards photo pages on this forum, so have a few questions for you all.

Are you against all 'sexy' photo hubs? Or is it just because the girls are not very attractive?

Are you generally happier if they are dedicated to a specific model, with the models name in the title?

I will be honest, I do have another account and have published a few other hubs since joining a couple of weeks ago, but would like to do a few so called 'sexy hubs'.

Can I ask you to have a quick look at my hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Isobel-Marion

Dont worry my adsense ID is not in yet, so I am not after earnings from this post. I have had this hub indexed as the 13th entry on google for the term 'Isobel Marion', and 2400 people per month search for the this term.

I have written a fair bit of text, am I really doing wrong? Will I become hated for this? Or is my hub deemed tasteful and informative?

I would appreciate your comments, abusive comments will be ignored.

2. 60
    classyphotohubsposted 6 years ago

Can I assume that the lack of a response signifies a complete unwillingness to embrace photo hubs at all? And that you didn't appreciate mine at all?

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

HubPages is mainly a community of writers.  We take a dim view of "sexy actress" photo Hubs, because a written Hub is original work, which takes time and effort, unlike a mishmash of copied photos.

All photos are copyright by the photographer unless specifically stated otherwise.  So taking photos off the internet without the photographer's permission is stealing, and that's another reason they annoy us. 

A photo Hub of original photos taken by the Hubber would be welcomed.

4. spartanking1978 profile image59
    spartanking1978posted 6 years ago

Maintaining a sense of integrity online is becoming more and more relevant to an individual's career goals. I guess the point in question is "Do you want to be associated with irrelevant content?"

The problem therein is this: Search engines do not give points for replicated content...period. Technically speaking, the only benefit one receives from "sexy content" is social relevancy. A quick fix indeed, but in time relevant content is the decisive factor.

5. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

I prefer to not dispaly my personal sexy photos in public, some things are best kept private, and I certainly would never use a picture of a model or someone else, wich I have noticed alot of..
    call me old fashioned, but what you see is what you get with me. period.