jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Looking for some guidance please...

1. PurpleOne profile image89
    PurpleOneposted 6 years ago

Hi all, it says on my profile that I joined 13 months ago but only have been writing for the past few weeks. So far I have 4 hubs but have gotten almost no traffic. I am trying to create backlinks (just learning what these are!) on related forums, etc. I think right now, 3/4 of my sites are indexed in google but not in yahoo or other search engines. I'm no wheres near the top pages of google though and can't even find myself in there typing various keywords in but I know the sites are there because they show up when I put in the urls.

Anyway, just hoping a more experienced person could take a look at what I've written and see if I'm on the right track for a new person! It would be great to get some advice on what I'm doing wrong, what I should do to improve, etc...

P.S. I have been reading lots of other hubs to try to get a feel for what might be working for other people.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Notify team@hubpages.com about your 13 month issue. Chances are someone else may be having that happen too.  It might be a glitch in their programming that needs fixed.

1. PurpleOne profile image89
        PurpleOneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

KCC - I did actually join 13 months ago but haven't done anything until a few weeks ago - just left my account open. thanks.

Cagsil - thanks for the encouragement! I don't know what rating my hubs means though but it sounds good so thanks.

2. vrajavala profile image61
      vrajavalaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. read other people's posts here, comment and click on their ads. They probably will reciprocate.
      2. Make your title catchy
      3. make your post readable (not too long
      4. Add videos
      5. add pictures
      6. you can use this search engine if you want http://semplus.com
      that may get you some traffic from non-hubbers, if your post is controversial
      good luck

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I reviewed your hubs and rated each up. Hope that helps.

Thank you for sharing. I also became a fan.

3. 0
    Pacal Votanposted 6 years ago

The best resource I know of: http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Help

4. 0
    Luanne16posted 6 years ago

I'm like you, new on hub pages, and just getting my feet wet. Maybe we could start our own support group for begginners? (that's just a joke)
    But seriously, if you want to be new friends to connect with for support, sharing what we are learning, I'd love that.
    I still can't figure out how to do the affiliate setting, and get it on my Hub. Do you know how to do that?

The writers who score 100 now, must have been just like us before, so lets try to keep the faith.

Hope you will connect and good luck!

5. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

I did the same as Cagsil big_smile

6. PurpleOne profile image89
    PurpleOneposted 6 years ago

thank you everyone.

Luanne - I would love to connect with you and learn things together. I'm not sure if there's a way we could send messages back and forth or not other than through the forums.