jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

I need ideas

1. cashmere profile image83
    cashmereposted 6 years ago

The main point here is charity.

I have a maid who is very good, but also very poor. I want to raise some funds so that I can help my maid's three kids pay their school fees.

I can't afford to educate them all, as I am already taking care of their uniforms and school bags. The school fees and books are extras which I want to do some fund raising for.

Tell me some good fund raising ideas.

2. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

a book or yard sale?

1. cashmere profile image83
      cashmereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't think i have enough books to make a difference smile

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

How about a "boot sale"?  You'd need a business to let you use their parking lot.  People sign up to have "miniture yard sales" out of their car trunk (boot).  You charge $5 or $10 for a trunk, or $10 or $15 for a truck bed.  Their sales profits are theirs.

Or how about a raffle?  Ask local businesses to donate goods or gift certificates.

4. cashmere profile image83

Yard sale sounds good.
    i love the raffle idea. need to catch some one in the local market

5. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

You could ask local business people to sponsor a year of education for one of the children.  Good PR for them - something to stick on their website and advertising?

You could hold some events - quiz nights, street party, disco, bring-and-buy sale and sell raffle tickets?

Hold a sponsored walk, swim or cycle - or a sponsored football match?

Good luck - hope you get the money.

6. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

Tis the season for Charity!  No doubt you will be going to a lot of parties.  See if you can do a silent auction for her at one of these parties.  what you will be auctioning off is her services as a maid for maybe a day.  Explain to party guests ahead of time what the cause is for and maybe they will pay top dollar for a house cleaning..

Or you can silent auction a donation from a local buisness and have proceeds go to her.

or if you like organizing things amybe hold one of those events where you auction off people as dates for a day. I can't rememeber what it is called but those are always fun..

Well thanks for giving something to think about besides work today!  maybe i will have more ideas later..

7. cashmere profile image83

Thanks guys these are really good ideas. I think I'll put some into action smile

8. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

If you contact various charities some might volunteer to sponsor you for there advertising. If a charity helps a child go to school then can generate a load of money off the news of the action.