jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do we have a robot.txt file in our domain directory

1. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

I posted this in a follow up in Maddies article on this. But didnt know if anyone would go there.

I went into Diagnostic for first time and some of mine are blocked by the robot.txt file

Googgle adsense ?? says this:

Robots.txt file:
    If you have a robots.txt file, the page requesting Google ads may be marked as 'disallow' in your robots.txt file. You can update your robots.txt file to give us access by following these instructions.
    If you do not have a robots.txt file, please create one in the root directory of your domain and then update it by following these instructions.
    If you don't know whether you have a robots.txt file, please consult your web provider or webhost and ask them to modify the robots.txt file on your domain to comply with these instructions.

So  what we all need to know is do we have this file in our directory.   Thanks

2. relache profile image83
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You don't "own" the domain HubPages and thus cannot do anything about the robots.txt file on this site.

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

hmm, never heard of that, and never encountered it either.

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Eileen, they had some problems with HubPages in the last few days so I think it was something to do with that.  We can't access the robots.txt file.

5. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

ok thanks m arissa

working