jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Text Formatting

1. ohohdon profile image78
    ohohdonposted 8 years ago

I'm having some trouble formatting text how I want for a specific purpose.  I'm trying to format as follows.  (each line has a return character at the end)

Line one.
    Line two.
    Line three.
    Line four.

Line five.
    Line six.
    Line seven.
    Line eight.

I get it all set up how I want, then save it.  The program changes my formatting to look like this.

Line one.

Line two.

Line three.

Line four.

Line five.

Line six.

Line seven.

Line eight.

Is there a way to get it to stay the way that I want it formatted?

Thanks,
    Don

1. Inspirepub profile image88
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I haven't figured out how to stop it putting the extra blank lines in, but you can get the stanzas separated by putting a single full stop (period) an a line in between line four and line five.

Jenny

1. ohohdon profile image78
        ohohdonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Jenny.  It wasn't the answer I had hoped for, but I guess it leaves some room for HubPages to make some improvement.  I still couldn't get it to leave an extra line between 4 and 5, though.  I decided to just type it into Word, snap a shot of it, and clip it into my Hub as a photo.  It's not exactly how I wanted it, but asthetically it's good.

Thanks again,
        Don

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

When you are in the text box, do you choose "preformatted"?  You can choose between that, paragraph, and different headings.

The only thing about "preformatted" is that it won't break lines.  If the lines are really long, they just run all the way across the page.

working