jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Hubpages

1. profile image60
    Supportthehandicaposted 7 years ago

how big can one hub pages be?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What's the size of your monitor?

2. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

As big as you like it. Welcome.

3. WaffleCheese profile image75
    WaffleCheeseposted 7 years ago

This big.

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What!!! That big...WOW.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually, if your Hub was only that big, it would be flagged by the system as substandard.  They really should be bigger than two words.

I saw a hub with about 6 or 7 words. And the guy posted a thread wondering why he hadn't made any money from Adsense.

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Speaking of Adsense...Is there a way to tell how many tags you can put in a hub or is it a fixed number?

1. shazwellyn profile image82
            shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, yes.. this one is difficult but 'dark' is a guiding light.... x

2. shazwellyn profile image82
          shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Darkside.. you're great!  Want to thank you for your help in recent days.  I read your hub on tagging - pretty excellent and recommended to those on this thread - but I was hoping you could tell me ... your subtitle in 'tagging', 'Categories and Tags' states that generalized categories will be beneficial, but do we need to add to the tag section.  For instance, I noticed that the tagging article is listed in your tag as 'technology'.  Was this also listed in the category and, if so, is it necessary for maximising the promtional aspects?

Shaz
          xx

I'm not sure how technology got in my list of tags. I must have put it in there, but it's not something I would have associated with tagging. But I haven't gone overboard with the list of tags so it's not going to hurt it.

I've also got a couple of tags that are only for my benefit: '30dhcb', which is 30 Day HubChallenge and the 'b' stands for my second attempt. It was so I could just show my 30dhcb tagged hubs in http://hubpages.com/my/hubs and see how they're performing.

And 'howtohub' is what I tag on all my 'How To Hub' hubs. So I can quickly find them too.

4. elayne001 profile image50
    elayne001posted 7 years ago

Geesh! Usually between 400 words - 1000 - but not more than that because noone wants to read that long online nowadays unless it is really really good.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That sounds right to me.  I just signed up with a writing site that requires people use AP style, has editors, and the whole thing - and they expect articles to be between 500 and 1000 words.  They're very "search focused" and to know what's expected by most online readers.  Sometimes, though (especially recently), I get sick of following rules (suggested, implied, or otherwise) and just make a Hub what I feel like making it; and sometimes those are the Hubs that seem to be most liked.  Of course, I write a lot of "reach-out-to-people" kind of Hubs, which is different from "review-the-latest-movie" Hubs.

Having people like them, though, doesn't necessarily amount to lots of traffic.  Still, a couple of weeks ago I had someone e.mail me because she was searching for something and couldn't find what she was hoping to find.  She found my Hub (one of my "longies"), and it happened that I had written something that "rang that bell" for her.  She said I'd put it into words the exact thing she was going through.  I was honored and humbled to think something I'd written had "clicked" with someone had gone through something as awful as she had.  So, sometimes not worrying about the rules and just writing what you think you should write works well too.   smile

working