jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Is HubPages a full time job for anyone?

1. cocopreme profile image89
    cocopremeposted 6 years ago

I was wondering if anyone makes enough money on HubPages alone to make it their full time or only job?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

HubPages is not the only site I write for, but I do consider it my job, as in, "I don't have a day job, this pays my rent."

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

There are many people on here, such as myself and Relache, who make their living online. I don't rely solely on HubPages either and write for a variety of sites. IMHO, no one should rely on any one site.

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 6 years ago

I agree with the posts above - I make a full-time living online but Hubpages is only part of it - I have many of my own sites as well

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Ditto what they said! lol

6. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

seems to be the majority all do the same. me too! big_smile

7. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

No, but it is fun to do alongside it!

8. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

HubPages is full time school for me.
    I know that's corny, but I learn so much here... ultimately I wish to be earning on-line FT smile

9. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

This is my hobby, Im on ssi, not because I am lazy, but I am disabled..I enjoy writing and am allowed to give any earnings to my child, wich goes to her bank acccount for college..
    I do not have a job and this does not make alot, so its , like I said a hobby , among many I have, that soothes me

10. carina75 profile image59
    carina75posted 6 years ago

I am not so newbie here, although i registered for about 8 month, I did not actively work here.I just want to ask how many money can you earn here, of course working day by day and having quality posts-hubs?
    I would much appreciate some answers!
    thanks !

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ryan Hupfer just did an interview  that revealed..

"But, from our 40% of the impressions we are currently seeing that Hubbers are generating somewhere between $4.00 and $5.00 per 1,000 page views, which we feel is very competitive"

http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/200 … up-hupfer/

I know that 2-3x that amount is reachable.

otherwise, this topic is very well covered with a lot of payout stories here in the forums and on the hubpage blog

I think the term "payout chronicles hubpages" should get you to a good start

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a Hub on earnings where almost 200 Hub authors have chosen to disclose what they are earning monthly. 

A small percentage (about 8%) are doing really well.

11. soni2006 profile image47
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

I am working part-time for the last two years which I will continue to do until and unless I have reached the mark where my hubpages earnings will surpass my current full-time earnings, then I will reverse the two jobs, means full-time hubbing and part-time transcription and proofreading.

12. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I make my living from affiliate marketing only (no pensions or other safety nets) and have been for the last 10 years. Hubpages is a small part of that revenue now, but it's steadily growing. I'm very excited to see it's true potential.