jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Duplicate hub?

1. 0
    AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago

A few hours ago I published a new hub. Just now I looked at my account and found in red letters the word "duplicate" under the title of the new hub.

I'm confused as to what this means, and if I'm supposed to do something. This new hub is related to the other, it's sort of an off-shoot of the other hub, but I certainly don't see it as a duplicate. The text is totally different.

There is a particular word that is common to both of the titles, but the complete titles are not at all the same.

It's as if I had one hub about trees, and then made one to specifically discuss oak trees. So the word "trees" would be both titles.

I'm fairy new, and very unsure about what to do next.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Anna, it's not the title that's a problem, it's the Hub content.

The content that you have on your St Christopher Hub shows in Google as coming from an Ezinearticles.com page written by Faith Engleman.  If that's not you, you're plagiarizing, and your Hubs can be deleted or your account can be closed over that sort of thing.  If that is you, you can leave the duplicated content up, only you see the duplicate notice, but your HubScore on that Hub is going to be penalized.

You'll want to read this,

3. 0
    AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago

Thanks so much for explaining this to me.

I'm in the process changing pen names at Ezines, and am waiting for my article to get re-approved. I was holding off publishing that hub until it was re-approved, but realized they weren't going to approve it unless it was linked to a live website.

So I see I'll have to figure out another strategy.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Anna, I'm not clear what that has to do with the duplicate flag?  The Hub will still be tagged duplicate whether the pen names match or not.