jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

I've got an etiquette question

1. robie2 profile image91
    robie2posted 8 years ago

I posted a short new hub on the about English and American language differences about an hour ago. It's not a heavy or serious piece with serious references, but in it I put external links and links to three other hubs which relate to the subject.  It never occured to me to ask permission from the other hubbers before I did it.  Should I have? and if so what do I do now-- is there an established author etiquette on this?

1. Inspirepub profile image88
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about established ettiquette, but in general traffic is good, so links from other Hubs are good, and I certainly wouldn't mind if it were me you were linking to!

2. 0
    IĆ°unnposted 8 years ago

I think most people see it as a good deed and a kindness.  I don't usually ask permission because I assume so and I know I'm always thrilled when someone chooses to link to one of my hubs.

I can't speak for everyone, however, but the logic is that if it gets them more hits, they probably appreciate it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What she said big_smile

3. robie2 profile image91
    robie2posted 8 years ago

whew--thanks all of you for the quick response and for easing my mind.  I was pretty sure nobody would mind, but thought I'd better check--don't want to make a "hub-gaffe" smile

4. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Another Hubber recently included a link to one of my Hubs and I was thrilled to bits.  It's a compliment, after all.

5. helenathegreat profile image87
    helenathegreatposted 8 years ago

I would let the other hubber know, though.  I would LOVE to know if someone linked to me!

6. robie2 profile image91
    robie2posted 8 years ago

ok--will do that--thanks.