jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Ping

1. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

What does ping mean and why did I get it when I tried to post a reply to a question about angels? I saw the preview and was instructed to submit. When I clicked submit, I discovered that the reply had been posted twice.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
      EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Weird coincidence.  I just got the same message when I posted a reply to a forum post just now.  I thought that it might have been to do with the fact that I'd tried to put quotation marks in my post.  I deleted them and made the relevant text italic, and my reply posted fine.  Maybe it wasn't anything to do with that though, if the same thing happened to you at more or less the same time.  Maybe it was just a system glitch.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oops, you can put quote marks in your posts.  Definitely a glitch then.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I've been getting that too, some sort of problem it seems.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I don't know, I got it yesterday too. I posted but got ping. Then I did posted twice more. Eventually, after about 15 minutes, all my replies showed up. I have gotten it twice this morning, my posts haven't shown up yet. But in this thread it seems fine.

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

something amiss again. I got the ping too when I posted, and yet it posted, but it doesn't register on the board that it was posted.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I was getting it too yesterday often and found I had posted four times in a thread. LOL I had to delete the extras and just tried  to live with it. Crazy! PING big_smile

6. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

lol I had no idea what this forum was about until I just got the same message a second ago and remembered seeing this topic! LOL

working