The paradox of time travel

1. The Bard profile image77
    The Bardposted 6 years ago

We know what it is - travel back in time, meet your ancestors, change the future, therefore you won't be born, so how come you can go back to meet them and change it again?

Having just watched the first few episodes of "FastForward", with great British actors (probably pondering the same question) it has an interesting premise ie everyone in the world blacks out for 77 seconds (it says one minute and 17 seconds) and they all have a vision of the future.

Those that didn't have a vision think they are going to die, and start behaving as if they're on vacation at Sandals in the Bahamas.

Those that had a vision are keen to figure things out, but are they leading or just following?

So how come the show shot itself in the foot so soon? An FBI agent, having experienced a vision that he will somehow cause the death of a young mother and leave her two kids as orphans, is so distressed that he throws himself off a building. He has changed the future! Yet - if he had a vision of the future, he would not have had a vision at all - because he's now dead.

I hear that the main leads, Joseph Feinnes (Shakespeare in Love) and Jack Davenport (Pirates of the Caribbean) have signed up for six series. Clearly they haven't had a vision of the future, because nobody will be watching.

It's like "Lost"! Does anyone still watch that? What happened. Did the writer get lost in his own word processor?

2. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

I'd consider watching Joseph Fiennes even without the sound. smile

3. aware profile image71
    awareposted 6 years ago

if i want to travel time all i need to do is book a flight. right now there are people liveing in the future and the past. time my friends is a illusion