jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Continuing Pages

1. Call me "Chelle profile image80
    Call me "Chelleposted 6 years ago

Hello all,

I am fairly new at this and have found such a variety of people in the hub pages family.   I am one of those that is not here to make money or promote my hubs,  I just want to share my thoughts and etc. with others.  Yet I am finding the formatting difficult to navigate in what I would like to accomplish. 

So my question is,  when publishing a lengthy hub is there a way to make that 2 pages.  A first page and a click to go to the second page for the rest of the article.  I have played around with all the capsules and read many lengthy articles yet I still can't find the answer to this?

Right now my articles seem bunched and long.  I would like to divide them into a cleaner click page rather than the scroll format they are currently in. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much,

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Chelle, take a look at some other Hubs before you decide. Good Hubs are on the longer side (at least 400 words up to about 1,500) and you do have to scroll down.   If you want to break them up into single-screen "bites" then you might be better of creating them as blog posts on your own blog.

The reason your Hubs look bunched, IMO, is that you're not breaking them up enough.  Don't let your paragraphs get too long.  Split your text up over several text capsules and use headings.  Use photos to lighten it up.

You can also use highlighted text boxes to add variety.  You just add a text box and float it right using the green right arrow.  You can then choose a shaded background for them.  You can use a highlighted text box to emphasise key points, or to include links to the other Hubs in a set.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

For a second page you just have to create a new hub.

3. Call me "Chelle profile image80

So do I just list in the title,  part one and the second part 2?  This would also mean they would have 2 diffrent URL's correct?

Thanks so much,

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they'd have 2 different URLs.

You could give the title a name if "Whatever Part 2" but I'd be inclined to give the URL a good standalone title. That targets the keywords that are prominent in that hub.

For instance if you were publishing a series of hubs on the 7 Stages of Grief, if you were calling each title "The 7 Stages of Grief - Stage 1" and "The 7 Stages of Grief - Stage 2" (though I'd be putting the name of the grief in the title, but for this example lets say we aren't) you could have the hubs titled hub/shock-and-denial, hub/pain-and-guilt, hub/anger-and-bargaining, etc.

So I don't think the URL itself has to have 'part-2' written in it, but you could do that for the title.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

yer right on now.

5. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

If you use the "groups" feature, there will be a link under the rate-it box. It will have the name of the next hub in the group, and an arrow.

You could use this feature to lead people from one hub to the next hub. They would not have to go back to your profile page to get to the next hub. So it would mimic sending somebody to page two from page one.

Create a custom group to contain all the related hubs. smile

6. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

There's more discussion about multiple pages here.

7. Call me "Chelle profile image80

My thanks to each of you.  I now have some great ideas to try.
      Your time is very much appreciated and your suggestions will
      have not fallen of deaf ears. 

Happiness to each of you,

8. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

Have fun "Chelle

Happiness to you too