jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Post the wordpress content to hubpages

1. 62
    cheerurteamposted 6 years ago

I maintain a sports blog in wordpress.. I need to publish the same contents in the hubpages... is there any ways where i can automatically post to hubs...

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. 62
        cheerurteamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Any alternative methods you suggest... or will hub pages allow us to write program to support that?

1. yoshi97 profile image88
          yoshi97posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mark is a man of brevity, whereas I'm willing to bloviate on a subject ...

There is no means to directly convert a Wordpress article to a Hubpages article, nor do I presume there will be as creating such a beast would only serve to short-circuit your efforts. Please allow me to explain ...

We may assume (incorrectly) that having two of the same orticle on the internet increases our chances of getting a page hit ... it does not!

In creating duplicate content we compete with ourselves, in offering two of the same page of info. The reader will still only read one of them and will often see repeated articles as spam. In fact, if you create enough duplicate content Google will sandbox them, lowering their ranking down to nil.

Of course, you ask, could I then just move my Wordpress article to Hubpages?

You could ... piece by piece. This is a painstaking process, and when it was done and you have deleted your old Wordpress page, you have lost any ranking you once had with that page and now you are starting over again on that topic ... a bad plan.

Instead, I would recommend writing an article on Hubpages that offers more (and differing) information on the topic and then post that on Hubpages with a link to the Wordpress article - and point the Wordpress article to the Hubpages articles.

I did this with one of my hubs that talks about a cell phone ... On another site I wrote an article about the GPS feature of the phone which then points people back to me phone article ... and it works great!

So, as Mark said ... no, there is no such converter, and no ... it almost certainly won't be created as it would only serve to short circuit your own efforts. smile

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Hubpages isn't a blog site. Were an article site. A high ranked one at that too. If you want to write Hubs on sports topics here then give ONE link back to your blog in an article. Also you can place one in your profile. Say something like this in your profile:

Hi my name is Rachzual and I maintain a sports blog. I am also a write here on hubpages....
    my life is great like my money....

It's also best to NEVER duplicate your blog content or else it will be marked down in the search engines for it.

Does that clarify for you?

3. 62
    cheerurteamposted 6 years ago

Thank you Thranax and yoshi97...

thank you for your time spending in replying and clarifying my concern... now i understand the concept...

thanks again...

4. johnr54 profile image70
    johnr54posted 6 years ago

The best thing you can do is write a related article, and then at the end of it put your RSS feed in using the RSS module.  that will publish links to your site and you can choose to show the summaries as wll.

That's better for your site and better for hubpages since you aren't duplicating the content here.

1. 62
      cheerurteamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is a great idea... i checked it with a hub... its working, fantastic... thank you very much for the help