jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

relationships

1. 59
    Gracious Octoberposted 7 years ago

how do all separate the families you were born into with the family you've created with another?

1. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

come again??

1. 59
        Gracious Octoberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

well when the time comes for you to grow up how do you let the family know that you are on your own and don't have too much desire to completely follow their wishes and meet their expectations. it seems that some folks have a hard time so i was curious to know what steps others take to let their families know that they need to back off without burning your bridge witht them.

1. Lady_E profile image82
          Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok. I understand.

It's a hard situation to be in. I would explain it to them and follow my way, hoping that they will change their mind once they see how successful it is. I'd stay in touch and let them know how things are progressing - that way i don't burn my bridges.

In my Teens, my mum wanted me to be a Doctor and I kept on failing physics/chemistry/biology - I hated the subjects. Failed them 3 times. So.... I decided to do what i wanted, which was Arts/Business subjects. I passed them all with Distinctions the first time. So she let the "Doctor Dream" rest.
          Hope you see my point.

Good luck. smile

2. 59
    Gracious Octoberposted 7 years ago

Ah Ha! Lady_E thanks for yor advice. i guess it's safe to say that when you pursue what is within your heart God will take care of the rest. After all He does dwell within. Blessings

working